Anybody Watching the World Series?

I'm sick of watching the news so I watched a lot of the playoffs when I could. Being in NJ, and a born New Yorker (State, with all my family ties to the City), I have to root for most local teams (except the Knicks). So I was really rooting for the Yanks to pull it out but...they couldn't solve the Houston pitching in the last 2 games.

Now it's the Dodgers vs the Astros. California vs Texas, but I'm the son of a broken-hearted Brooklyn Dodgers fan, and I just LIKED the way the Astros played.

When Walter O'Malley conned the Giants to move to SF while he was negotiating in bad faith with NYC, all the time planning to move, he earned the eternal enmity of Brooklyn, leading to the following discussion between fans:
Question: "If you were in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Walter O'Malley, and you had a gun with only 2 bullets, who would you shoot?"
Answer: "Walter O'Malley, twice!"

I just CAN'T root for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Anybody Watching the World Series?

eelj wrote:"A classic", obviously you guys are Texans :lol: :lol: . My self being a Minnesotan I think game 7 of the 91 series is a classic. I hope your team wins it's first. I hope Altuve gets the series MVP to go along with the league MVP, he deserves it.
We like to give ourselves awards. :D
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

Larch wrote:
eelj wrote:"A classic", obviously you guys are Texans :lol: :lol: . My self being a Minnesotan I think game 7 of the 91 series is a classic. I hope your team wins it's first. I hope Altuve gets the series MVP to go along with the league MVP, he deserves it.
We like to give ourselves awards. :D
Human nature. Once again go Astros.

highdesert wrote:A nail biter! Out here the Dodgers were expected to win, but the Astros are a tough team. Whoever wins it's been a great series.
Seriously though the Dodgers were heavily favored to win this. I mean they might very well still and can win it. But who expected this kind of competition?

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

eelj wrote:Congratulations to Houston, the 2 best teams in baseball played and the Astros played the best.

The writer from Sports Illustrated who predicted this back in 2014 deserves a raise.

It took 55 years but sweet for a Houston in a long term recovery from the hurricane.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

It was a great Series! No matter WHO plays, I have always loved a 7-game World Series where you frequently get to see baseball at its best, and we did! And Houston, which has suffered so much, needed it, and needed to finally break THEIR curse.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."