Re: What song are you listening to right now?

This is the stuff I grew up with.

Los Cadetes de Linares, "Pistoleros Famosos"

Esta cancion va dedicada al compañero Zapp Branigan. A ver si se acuerda de ella y de los Cadetes. (This one goes in honor of Zapp, maybe it'll bring memories.)

Salud,

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

Zapp Brannigan wrote:My mom was born in Los Ramones, Nuevo Leon my dad in Mercedes, Texas but raised in Linares, Nuevo Leon. I myself was born in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, a suburb of Monterrey, but my parents took me here to the states when I was a year old.

Try the flavored kinds of Yeba mate, they are way tastier and good down good even with cold water.
Peligro y seamos parientes o primos. We could be practically cousins. (Now, you may admit that's a classic amongst "norteños", we find "parientes" anywhere.)

My grandpa on my mom's side had family in Nuevo Leon. Late in life he had a ranch and raised goats in a small speck of land in Hidalgo, Coahuila.

I've been in D/FW for a little more than a decade. I have family here that's been living in the area for about 40 years or more.

Xela

MetalSlugIV wrote:My favorite Cee-Lo Green project is when he teamed with Danger Mouse for Gnarls Barkley.
Huge fan of The Grey album (Beatles The White album + Jay Z The Black Album)
"Profits are privatized. Losses are socialized."

"We postulate that man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole."

mark wrote:xela,

plz tell me you didn't just post a wham video. Obviously, I need to implement some form of shitty music filter. Next thing you know someone will post milli vanilli or tiny tim.
Wham is like Spam--You either like it, or you vomit it.

I like Spam.

Xela

AmirMortal wrote:

plz tell me you didn't just post a wham video. Obviously, I need to implement some form of shitty music filter. Next thing you know someone will post milli vanilli or tiny tim.
Or fucking Abba.
Love that movie!!!

(I'm assuming you're making the right reference.)

Xela wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:

Or fucking Abba.
Love that movie!!!

(I'm assuming you're making the right reference.)
Xela, I have no idea what in the hell it was - but it wasn't ABBA. I am pretty sure that Gloria Gaynor sung that song. ABBA was this:

"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron