Re: What song are you listening to right now?

kronkmusic wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 am
MaxWyatt wrote:^^^I'll give that a try. I'm patching servers listening to Sound Garden 'Face Pollution' off of Bad Motorfinger. One of the best albums ever. I put it away for years on end and then dust it off to discover it anew once again.
My buddy Ron St. Germain mixed that record, still one of my favorite rock records ever.
Resurrection, but my wife and I had the fortune of seeing Soundgarden back in the day in Berkeley. Towers records (remember those) was selling tickets for the show the next night. Hell yes.

Years later, we saw Chris Cornell do a solo acoustic show for his Higher Truth album. Amazing, he should have always done acoustic.

Highlight was catching the only Temple of the Dog tour in San Francisco a few months before he died. Took our daughter to that one. :)

His vocals were amazing. Didn't like all of his music, but loved his voice.

featureless wrote:
kronkmusic wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 am
MaxWyatt wrote:^^^I'll give that a try. I'm patching servers listening to Sound Garden 'Face Pollution' off of Bad Motorfinger. One of the best albums ever. I put it away for years on end and then dust it off to discover it anew once again.
My buddy Ron St. Germain mixed that record, still one of my favorite rock records ever.
Resurrection, but my wife and I had the fortune of seeing Soundgarden back in the day in Berkeley. Towers records (remember those) was selling tickets for the show the next night. Hell yes.

Years later, we saw Chris Cornell do a solo acoustic show for his Higher Truth album. Amazing, he should have always done acoustic.

Highlight was catching the only Temple of the Dog tour in San Francisco a few months before he died. Took our daughter to that one. :)

His vocals were amazing. Didn't like all of his music, but loved his voice.
Nice!

Yeah he was definitely a once-in-a-generation vocalist. And I agree, his acoustic performances were the most moving, his performance of Ave Maria is possibly the most emotive vocal performance I've ever heard.

blackcarbine wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:34 am Bob Marley - Them Belly Full

The Specials - Ghost Town

Rage - Killing in the name

I’m usually more of an electronic music guy but I think I’m in a bit of a mood today...

But then as I’m typing renegades of funk just came on and I’m feeling a little brighter.

So next up will be Fatboy Slim - Acid 8000 to totally solidify a good mood for the day.
Just got Evil Empire on vinyl this past December and we've about worn it out already, haha. Down Rodeo has particular resonance in these times.

"Bare witness to the sickest shot while suckers get romantic
They ain't gonna send us campin' like they did my man Fred Hampton
Still we lampin', still clockin' dirt for our sweat
A ballot's dead, so a bullet's what I get
A thousand years they had the tools, we should be takin' 'em
Fuck the G-ride, I want the machines that are makin' em!"

Songs from "Man of La Mancha" keep going through my head. It's the ONLY musical I truly love--the only mega hit of Mitch Leigh. I like, of course, Porgy and Bess and the music of West Side Story (almost operas), but La Mancha is the only one I love. I tolerate a few, but almost all of them make my flesh crawl--and the more they are loved and song the more my spine shivers.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."