Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Zapp Brannigan wrote:The lead singer of that band is a cutie and by the way what are you some sort of hipster?
Lol nope. I hate hipsters actually. I'm a huge nerd with weird music tastes :ugeek: If I was to apply a label to myself it would be ska kid or a "rude boy". I liked going to local ska shows throughout highschool. I have a checkerboard tie, sneakers, belt, hat and some pin-stripe pants (that I got too fat to wear). I just posted those bands because that is what I was literally listening to when I opened the thread.
"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"

MetalSlugIV wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:The lead singer of that band is a cutie and by the way what are you some sort of hipster?
Lol nope. I hate hipsters actually. I'm a huge nerd with weird music tastes :ugeek: If I was to apply a label to myself it would be ska kid or a "rude boy". I liked going to local ska shows throughout highschool. I have a checkerboard tie, sneakers, belt, hat and some pin-stripe pants (that I got too fat to wear). I just posted those bands because that is what I was literally listening to when I opened the thread.
I am a huge Ska fan but I am more inclined toward Latin Ska. Third wave is all right and I do watch the occasional show but I have always loved Latin Ska. I know my way through many bands people would consider "hipster" but at the end of the day I don't consider myself a hipster I am too poor, too Mexican and not vegetarian. Despite that many assume that by my style I look like a hipster but at the end of the day I am equally at home at a taqueria as I am at a show and besides I got a soft spot for hipster girls.

MetalSlugIV wrote:
Easy skanking.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

When I say I hate hipsters I'm mainly talking about the ones that think they are "different and cool" because they shop at American Apparel. But they are all really consumer whores.

I found this on fail-book. It sums up my opinion of the average hipster.

I'll have to agree with you on hipster chicks though. Sometimes I make my fiancee put on my tie and my cadet hat and then she yells at me about looking like a hipster... I think hipster chicks are kinda hot... oh well.
"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"

Simmer down wrote:
MetalSlugIV wrote:
Easy skanking.
I requested a ska song and skanked and my senior prom.

MetalSlugIV wrote:When I say I hate hipsters I'm mainly talking about the ones that think they are "different and cool" because they shop at American Apparel. But they are all really consumer whores.

I found this on fail-book. It sums up my opinion of the average hipster.

I'll have to agree with you on hipster chicks though. Sometimes I make my fiancee put on my tie and my cadet hat and then she yells at me about looking like a hipster... I think hipster chicks are kinda hot... oh well.
I took my friend to an open interview at that store. My friend is having trouble finding a job so he responds to an open interview to that store. It is during the summer and with the World Cup over and school a ways off I tell him I will take him to it I have nothing better to do. Lots of cute girls at the open interview. I told the guy in retrospect I should have gone in for the interview as well I have never had a job interview before. So on top of experiencing a job interview I could have picked up a number or two as well.

In case your wondering about how I got my job without an interview I work at a UPS warehouse I was hired as a seasonal employee and quickly rushed to the front lines in November and decided to stay on board after Christmas.

Hipster girls tend to be easy to impress I myself am fairly well versed in music, film and books stuff that those types of girls swoon over and apparently I get cool points for being Mexican and being from a poor neighborhood. The ones I have no game on tend to be the artsy painter types I don't know shit about that art and those girls tend to be a really full of themselves even moreso than other hipsters.

Before you ask about the song. Yes, I am a huge soccer fan.

Xela wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Attaque 77- America

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and now this?

Che, sos argentiiiiiiiino? :)

Xela
Nope, I am super Mexican and I speak spanish with such a norteño accent people think I exaggerate it. Argentina has produced some good bands and the Argentinians I have met here have tended to be nice people.However, I do drink Yeba mate quite frequently it pumps me up quite nicely before I go to work.

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Xela wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Attaque 77- America

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and now this?

Che, sos argentiiiiiiiino? :)

Xela
Nope, I am super Mexican and I speak spanish with such a norteño accent people think I exaggerate it. Argentina has produced some good bands and the Argentinians I have met here have tended to be nice people.However, I do drink Yeba mate quite frequently it pumps me up quite nicely before I go to work.
Orale, que chiquito es el mundo. Yo soy Tamaulipeco, del tristemente celebre Nuevo Laredo. Pero orgulloso de ser norteño con todo y sus tristezas.

What a pleasant surprise. And how truly small the world is. I'm from Tamaulipas, from the infamous town of Nuevo Laredo, but proud nonetheless.

My wife loves that yerba mate, nasty stuff if you ask me.

Hope to meet you at the next gun show in Big Town, if not sooner, or later :)

Un abrazo cordial,

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida