Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Paladin wrote:For Mason and Metal

Don't know if you heard of these guys they are Chicago legends.

Big Black
I've never heard of them but then again I haven't been searching for music in a while. I'll have to check out more of their music.

When I got home I was in the mood for The Black Keys

"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"

omnix99 wrote:Sounds of Silence
Simon and Garfunkel
Watchmen Soundtrack
I can't hear that song without getting the urge to pop in my copy of Watchmen. Odd association I guess. I should probably associate it more with my childhood... My parents both listened to Simon and Garfunkel. My dad even had a guitar song book with their songs and would play some of their songs on his acoustic guitar.
"Let's be honest the only people who read Ayn Rand are 16 year olds and assholes"

I went through a Simon and Garfunkel stage in high school. I wore a knee length black wool overcoat, super taper black jeans, combat boots, drove a Fiat Spyder and chain smoked Camels.

Stay away from that music-it will fuck you up. :lol:

I still wear combat boots, like Spyders even though I'm 6'4" (Ferrari, Fiat, Porsche, Alfa, whatever) and listen to S & G occasionally.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Closer to Fine was such a great song.

As far as Tegan and Sara go - its interesting that so many new groups look and sound like they stepped out of the early 80s when The Talking Heads' version of punkish new wave started to become mainstream 'pop'. Its all cycles.

Now for something completely different:

"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

mark wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Antiquus wrote:
I raise you my generation's equivalent.

Closer to Fine was such a great song.

As far as Sarah and Tegan go - its interesting that so many new groups look and sound like they stepped out of the early 80s when The Talking Heads' version of punkish new wave started to become mainstream 'pop'. Its all cycles.
Lot's of folksy stuff is getting play too. I wont lie I have the rep of a music snob and a bit of a hipster, even though I counter by saying I am too poor and the whole gun ownership dealy disqualifies me from being one. I have seen Tegan and Sara live and they put on a great show.

I know this song is a cover

mark wrote:How can you not like Miss Deschanel ?

However, its important to remember that one man's music is another man's noise. :)
I mentioned the song was a cover so I wouldn't offend the sensibilities of our old school members to show em this young kid knows his way around music.

Oh I love Zooey D, a girl like that would make me weak at the knees. It's a shame it's Mrs. Deschanel-Gibbard.

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
mark wrote:How can you not like Miss Deschanel ?

However, its important to remember that one man's music is another man's noise. :)
I mentioned the song was a cover so I wouldn't offend sensibilities of our old school members to show em this young kid knows his way around music.

Oh I love Zooey D, a girl like that would make me weak at the knees. It's a shame it's Mrs. Deschanel-Gibbard.

Ha... got it :)

As far as newer 'folksy' stuff you ever heard of First Aid Kit?

And also..... speaking of old dogs.... I was explaining to some young pups today how Marvin could make any song sexy and showed them this as an example:

"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Ok Go

Same song both great videos.

They are currently making the best videos.

First one is one camera shot done live. Plus the Notre Dame marching band in Ghillie suits

For fans of Rube Goldberg Machines.

An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer