Getting Out To The Range In 2020

I had let my membership lapse at my local range because I was practicing at a range on private land owned by a trumpster white supremacist. I knew things could take a bad turn but I stuck it out with these people until the end of 2019 when I felt my life to be in some danger because of my Jewish heritage. I had known most of these people for 7 years and some of them were actually half-normal but quite a few were were your garden variety or worse white supremacists caught up in the trump death cult. So I burned my bridges with them and moved on.

So in January 2020 I renewed my membership at Seven Mile Hill Shooting range in Golden Valley, AZ just outside Kingman, AZ. It's on land owned by the Game and Fish Department and managed by the Mohave Sportsman Club. It's a world class range. I didn't go out much in the hot weather but I was just out a couple of days ago to dial in my Turkish Mauser. I'm planning on getting out a lot more as the weather cools down.

https://mohavesportsmanclub.com/

Re: Getting Out To The Range In 2020

I'm in a similar situation in that I haven't been to the range for months. I didn't let my membership lapse so they stay open. That burnt up money will drive me there pretty soon. Have to shoot a bullseye match. sheesh

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

my DNR range has been closed since mid march. i don't really get it, they could have easily implemented social distancing by closing every other bench, but...
i've been shooting once since then thanks to another chapter member, and we might do that again soon. good, i have 2 rifles i want to sight in.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Trying to find a range to use. South Eastern PA. I saw on the clubs new list that in Boyertown there’s a left leaning range by the name of Naugle Hill range. Haven’t been able to find any contact info or anything on it though. Most of my older co-workers are members of private clubs but none seem to be taking new applications and almost all are Trumpers. *sigh*. I just want to shoot!

VadersTators wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 am I just want to shoot!
try state-run DNR ranges. outdoors, nearly always apolitical. yes, you'll see the occasional MAGAt.
:problem: the RSO at my usual range, an ex-marine (yeah, i know, there's no such thing) quietly mentioned to me that he's always voted D, all his life. maybe he just wanted some LGC sticckers? :shh:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Merle wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:25 pm

for me it has been pretty much the opposite - too many Rambo type wannabes at public ranges.... :no:
Kingman, AZ is a small to mid sized town about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas. About 30,000 in town and another 30,000 in outlying deserts. Lot's of rambo types here but there's lot's of desert for them to play in. And they don't like the public range because at the public range they have to behave nicely. So when I go to the range I go on weekday mornings and the only rambo types I have to watch out for are local law enforcement who use the range for qualifying. And the range is so big they get their own range and I usually, but not always, get my own range.