Re: Back on my BS

Dang! Where did you get that hat??

Glad someone is getting to the range. I need to go but I got really lazy these past months.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

foghorn wrote:Now I see it. Nice.
Went to the range today and never got out of the car. Never seen it that busy.
Damn. Yeah I imagine there's some pent up demand for range time, I know I hold my fair share. My range is normally empty or maybe one other person, curious to see if that's different when I go back.

In Texas, the gun stores were deemed essential businesses so many ranges never closed. They reduced their hours and the number of people that were in the store but the majority of the outdoor ranges were open. I rented a private bay during quarantine to chrono some loads and did a little shooting, but there's not much you can do in a 7 yard bay beyond stand and deliver type of drills.

Yesterday was first day I shot with other people nearby, most didn't wear masks, a few did. I kept my distance and while I usually take a turn to RO or run the scoring tablet, I stuck with taping and resetting targets. I need to switch back to a squeeze type of water bottle because handling the screw top water bottle was a bit tricky. When I got back to the car, I put my gear away and doused my hands and arms in hand cleaner as always. Similar drill when I got home, wash hands, wash water bottle, wash car keys, disinfect phone. Gun and ammo are still in bag for a couple of days but I'll wipe them down before handling them again. I want to keep playing this sport and the only way I can think of continuing is adding more safety rules.

All you can do is reduce risk. Unless you never leave home and sanitize deliveries, you assume some risk.

Be safe, spara!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt