Indoor Match?

Not sure if I should put this in "Air Guns" or here, but how about a new match for the current times? We could have an indoor airgun bullseye competition. Distances could be short so that we can do this in small yards or big rooms. There are a range of different guns that could be used, we don't need to have 1000fps springer rifles.

As an example, I have a Daisy Buck, which is rated at 350fps with BBs, and a Crosman pump pellet pistol. Either of those shoots well in my 7-yard "range" in my workshop/office. I typically shoot cans hanging inside a big box, but no reason I couldn't shoot a target. If someone wanted to buy a pistol or a BB gun, it can be done for the ballpark of $50 or less.

Thoughts?

Re: Indoor Match?

kronkmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:58 pm
Marlene wrote:Motherfuckers are sure I’m the scariest shot in town cause I won a hat in Texas by being recoil insensitive in what year? 2014?
All I'm sayin' is I've never won no damn hat.
Didn’t know about the hat. I don’t know how you shoot.

Just how I shoot. :D

I'm in. I haven't even been doing dry-fire practice, let alone shooting, for most of the past year, so I'll suck. I have an FAS single shot and a Crosman CO2 pellet revolver. The revolver is no match-grade shooter, but it's surprisingly accurate for a $50 piece of crap. DA trigger pull is pretty atrocious, though. Makes the worst Ruger you ever handled feel like the best slicked-up Smith & Wesson. But, it could shoot a standard Bullseye match format if there are enough other repeaters out there to support that.
Last edited by Buck13 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

kronkmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:58 pm
Marlene wrote:Motherfuckers are sure I’m the scariest shot in town cause I won a hat in Texas by being recoil insensitive in what year? 2014?
All I'm sayin' is I've never won no damn hat.
Seems to me that’s a fault of the Texas Chapter, not of yours. Somebody get this man a hat!

BTW, here is a B2 and B3 target scaled from 50 to 17 feet, which is the distance that's convenient in my garage, in case anyone wants to use it. If so, you should probably check my math first. I made this file 3 or 4 years ago. I don't remember what assumptions I may have made at the time.

bullseyeB2+B3for17feet.pdf
(45.74 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Recreating this with the LGC BB and BBB targets would be better, of course. Probably not on my to-do list today.

Buck13 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:37 pm BTW, here is a B2 and B3 target scaled from 50 to 17 feet, which is the distance that's convenient in my garage, in case anyone wants to use it. If so, you should probably check my math first. I made this file 3 or 4 years ago. I don't remember what assumptions I may have made at the time.

bullseyeB2+B3for17feet.pdf

Recreating this with the LGC BB and BBB targets would be better, of course. Probably not on my to-do list today.
As long as we're all using the same target, it should be fine.

If we're going all-slow-fire, here's the LGC BB target scaled to 30% (15'/50') and printed six to a page. As always, check my math, but I measured a printout and it seemed about right.

Sorry they're not laid out perfectly symmetrically.
BB_Target 30 percent x6.pdf
(228.2 KiB) Downloaded 264 times