Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match #20 to Open November 30

wooglin wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 pm
SailDesign wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm
Well, I've got to shoot SOMETHING for centrefire, so I'll join you. Mine's only a 327 Federal, though, so the bullets may just drop and hit the floor before they get to the target... :)
Missed this the first time. Nice. Even if they don’t fall to the ground they’ll probably just bounce off paper, right?

They usually do. Some of the wadcutters barely make it out of the barrel....
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 pm Got some trigger time with the GP100 today. Looking forward to shooting the match in the coming weeks
Cool! I may be doing the centerfire portion with my GP100 as well. :) I shouldn't give away a competitive advantage here, but I found that factory wadcutters are generally more accurate than FMJ .38 Spc. out of the GP. ;)

Good luck! :yahoo:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm
ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 pm Got some trigger time with the GP100 today. Looking forward to shooting the match in the coming weeks
Cool! I may be doing the centerfire portion with my GP100 as well. :) I shouldn't give away a competitive advantage here, but I found that factory wadcutters are generally more accurate than FMJ .38 Spc. out of the GP. ;)

Heh! Yeah - the wadcutters are more accurate for sure, but the 32 ones are slow as molasses. My GP100 was sighted in at 10 yards, but was hitting to POA at 25.

SailDesign wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Heh! Yeah - the wadcutters are more accurate for sure, but the 32 ones are slow as molasses. My GP100 was sighted in at 10 yards, but was hitting to POA at 25.
Wow. The ones I was shooting were like a pea shooter- I think they were running about 740 fps. Mighty lazy, but they sure fly true and make scoring easy. The GP is such a beefy gun as it is, with those wadcutters it had all the recoil of .22lr out of a Ruger MK...

Bacchus wrote:

Wow. The ones I was shooting were like a pea shooter- I think they were running about 740 fps. Mighty lazy, but they sure fly true and make scoring easy. The GP is such a beefy gun as it is, with those wadcutters it had all the recoil of .22lr out of a Ruger MK...
I'm relatively new to revolvers. After this conversation and reading up on wadcutters, I'll definitely be sending some down range next time out.

ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm
Bacchus wrote:

I'm relatively new to revolvers. After this conversation and reading up on wadcutters, I'll definitely be sending some down range next time out.
Revolvers are neat. Totally different thing than firing a semiautomatic, in my inexperienced opinion. Wadcutters are a hoot- the target looks like someone went at it with one of those hole punch tools. There are some semiautos that shoot wadcutters, too: Smith and Wesson Model 52 comes to mind- It shoots 38 Spc. wadcutters and the one I shot was the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. Simply amazing. Too rich for my budget, though. :)

CDFingers wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 am
SailDesign wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:36 pm
kronkmusic wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:54 pm I see everyone posting revolvers here, are semi-autos allowed?
I shot semis in 22, but don't have a centrefire semi that I trust at 50 ft.
All my handguns will do 50 ft easy as pie. I'm the weak link.

CDFingers
Heh! Perhaps I should have specified "... that I trust myself to shoot accurately at 50 ft...." :D

ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm Sent in my score for the centerfire match today. Probably won't shoot the rimfire.

Stuck with the plan and shot my 4" GP100 with .38 spl wadcutters. I love that combo. Wish I had actually shot the stages as practice. I had dry fired the stages to get the timing down, but would have benefited from shooting that distance under the time pressure once or twice before scoring it.
Hoping to do the CF tomorrow, with a 4" GP100 shooting .32 S&W Wadcutters. :)

SailDesign wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm
ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm Sent in my score for the centerfire match today. Probably won't shoot the rimfire.

Stuck with the plan and shot my 4" GP100 with .38 spl wadcutters. I love that combo. Wish I had actually shot the stages as practice. I had dry fired the stages to get the timing down, but would have benefited from shooting that distance under the time pressure once or twice before scoring it.
Cool that you guys are using wadcutters! I wanted to do the same with my GP 100, but I took advantage of being at the range and shot with what I had since I didn't know if I'd have another chance before the first. Good luck!

Bacchus wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm
SailDesign wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Cool that you guys are using wadcutters! I wanted to do the same with my GP 100, but I took advantage of being at the range and shot with what I had since I didn't know if I'd have another chance before the first. Good luck!
Honestly, the 32 H&R magnums are more accurate, but they're over 75 cents a bang, so this would be an expensive match..... :D