Even Handed Justice #4 Opens Today, Closes Oct 6

It's August and the rigors of the summer heat and humidity will soon no longer be an excuse to not get out and shoot the LGC postal matches. The participation in the recently-closed Bullseye match was not stellar.

The Even-Handed Justice matches are a one-hand variant of the Bullseye Match shot at ten yards instead of the usual fifteen. There are separate classes for rimfire and centerfire handguns and strong and weak hands. The first three matches have proven to be interesting and challenging, so, without further ado, the fourth in the series of Even-Handed Justice matches opens today and will close on October 6. Seven+ weeks should be a sufficient duration for even the most procrastinating shooter to participate and still allow enough time for a subsequent match before the winter chill sets in..

The rules for the match can be found here:
The LGC One Handed Justice Match Rules.pdf
(160.05 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
While the choice of targets within the constraints laid out in the rules is up to you, and many options are available, we have crafted some custom targets for use in these matches. Note that they are NOT official NRA targets and they should NOT be used in NRA-sanctioned events. Regardless of the targets you use, if you are printing downloaded targets, please make sure that they conform to the target norms. How do you know if the target conforms? Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2 style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively. If they do not, check to see if your printer is scaling the PDFs before printing them. Also note that the 6 ring on the B3 style LGC targets may be slightly truncated on the right and left margins, depending on your printer. Judge for yourself if you think this is acceptable. PDFs of the targets can be found below:

BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
BB_red_bull.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.08 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
BBB_red_bull.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
BBB_green_red_bull.pdf
(97.98 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
As always, post any comments or questions. Most importantly though, GET OUT AND SHOOT THESE MATCHES. They are great fun and will help to sharpen your skills after the summer doldrums.

Your humble servant, I remain
Bucolic

Re: Even Handed Justice #4 Opens Today, Closes Oct 6

Okay, I shot my first match ever today! I used my Ruger MKIII with a red dot. Strong hand was all right but the left was particularly difficult because I have a right handed volthane target grip https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/49 I've held bricks that were more comfortable.
Lot's of fun, here are the results;
Strong hand 248
Weak hand 187
I will shoot .45ACP next.
Last edited by Pomme on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:17 am
Bacchus wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:19 am I'll be shooting this one. Customarily late, but I'll be at the dance. :)

glad to see I'm not the only last minute Louie..... :thumbup:
Not at all! My pattern for these is to rush off to the range the day of the deadline, practice with exactly one magazine, shoot the match, and send the scores directly from the range with about an hour or less to spare. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:17 am
Bacchus wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:19 am I'll be shooting this one. Customarily late, but I'll be at the dance. :)

Not at all! My pattern for these is to rush off to the range the day of the deadline, practice with exactly one magazine, shoot the match, and send the scores directly from the range with about an hour or less to spare. :)
Do you ever shoot right/left simultaneously to save time? :smart:

well, at least you have a plan! :mrgreen:
Merle from PA

:roflmao:

That’s worth a try!! As it turned out, I arrived at the range without my damn key ring- the only thing I had to shoot was my carry gun. :( so no rimfire this time...

But!! I did get to shoot the match with my ‘target’ SP 101! :bananadance:
MaxWyatt wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:48 pm

I totally fluffed and didn't get to the range for this. I'd only been able to play archery this month due to gnarly schedule. But I still satisfied my target-directed motor skills addiction, nine out my recurve from from 25 yards with a flyer left handed.

P1010118.JPG
I will work to open range time next match.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Bacchus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:24 pm :roflmao:

That’s worth a try!! As it turned out, I arrived at the range without my damn key ring- the only thing I had to shoot was my carry gun. :( so no rimfire this time...

not any more - tried it once - turned out poorly! :beer2:
Merle from PA

Merle wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:01 pm
Bacchus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:24 pm :roflmao:

not any more - tried it once - turned out poorly! :beer2:
It always looks really cool in the movies! But there's that aiming thing...

I haven't submitted before so I am not sure if I need to send my targets somewhere and I know the score isn't competitive but I promised! I shot 76/51/58 for a total of 185 strong hand with a .38 s&w pre model 10. I'm pretty bummed because while practicing I was in the low 90s on each stage but the range was noisy and I was distracted in the day I shot my final targets, so it is what it is. Keep doing the matches!

jessehclark wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:23 pm I haven't submitted before so I am not sure if I need to send my targets somewhere and I know the score isn't competitive but I promised! I shot 76/51/58 for a total of 185 strong hand with a .38 s&w pre model 10. I'm pretty bummed because while practicing I was in the low 90s on each stage but the range was noisy and I was distracted in the day I shot my final targets, so it is what it is. Keep doing the matches!
If you were scoring in the 90's for each stage, that's hot. (in my opinion) Yeah, real world conditions can get in the way. When I was in a 3 gun team competition, I shot the pistol portion (and shotgun) and was being thwacked in the left temple by the guy's compact .40 to the left of me- loud as hell even with double earpro and extra-annoying. I tilted my head so they'd mostly bounce off the brim of my hat and took my shots in between his. In the end, that kind of stuff is good to work through and helps hone the focus. :yes:

Send a photo of your score sheet to postalmatch@theliberalgunclub.com. Double check the pdf rules doc. at the top of this thread- I'm pretty sure that's the addy... at least that's where I sent my scores. ;)

Bucolic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:43 am I’ve been pretty distracted lately, but I’ll try to get the scores tabulated and posted by the end of this week. Sorry for the delay. The rigors of a new puppy and a lot of work around the farm have kept me away from the range for a while.
I wish I was closer- I enjoy farm chores and I would be happy to help out. :)

Thank you for putting on another EHJ iteration and for all the postal matches. I really look forward to them.