Even-Handed Justice Match #3 Opens Today

Starting this year, we will be running the traditional Bullseye Matches, which allow for a two handed grip, concurrently with the Even-Handed Justice matches. The latter are a one-hand variant of the Bullseye Match shot at ten yards and have proven to be interesting and challenging. So, without further ado, the third in the series of Even-Handed Justice matches opens today and will close on June 3.

The rules for the match can be found here:
The LGC One Handed Justice Match Rules.pdf
(160.4 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Note that the email address for submitting scores has changed. See the rules document for the new address.

While the choice of targets within the constraints laid out in the rules is up to you, and many options are available, we have crafted some custom targets for use in these matches. Note that they are NOT official NRA targets and they should NOT be used in NRA-sanctioned events. Regardless of the targets you use, if you are printing downloaded targets, please make sure that they conform to the target norms. How do you know if the target conforms? Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2 style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively. If they do not, check to see if your printer is scaling the PDFs before printing them. Also note that the 6 ring on the B3 style LGC targets may be slightly truncated on the right and left margins, depending on your printer. Judge for yourself if you think this is acceptable. PDFs of the targets can be found below:

BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
BB_red_bull.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.08 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
BBB_red_bull.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
BBB_green_red_bull.pdf
(97.98 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

As always, post any comments or questions. Most importantly though, GET OUT AND SHOOT THESE MATCHES. They are great fun and will help to sharpen your skills after a long winter's nap.

Your humble servant,
Bucolic

Re: Even-Handed Justice Match #3 Opens Today

K9s wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:00 pm I guess I am going to have to look at getting a 22LR pistol?
depending on how cheap you want to go (very, in my case), i can recommend the phoenix arms hp22 with the 5" barrel that comes in the "range pack". they look cheap(zamak), they are cheap(zamak), but mine have (yes, i have 2) been as reliable as the ammo i feed them. don't worry about the safeties, you can "fix" those. :sneaky:
https://www.phoenix-arms.com/
i'm retired. what's your excuse?