LGC Bullseye Targets

As a result of another thread, I put together some drafts of LGC-specific targets for use in the Liberal Gun Club's Bullseye and Even-Handed Justice Competitions. These are based on the NRA B2 and B3 targets that many use but they are NOT official NRA targets, nor should they be used or construed as such. They differ slightly in the dimensions of the target circles and some are colored differently. If you are entering NRA-sponsored bullseye events, use the proper official NRA targets that are available from a number of sources.

Here are PDFs of the targets both with and without a red center bull.
BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
BB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
BBB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
(94.08 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
BBB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 415 times

Re: LGC Bullseye Targets

Could you make a variant with a chartreuse green center? That might be more visible than red in mediocre light.

Against the conventional wisdom, I am experimenting with a center hold. Preliminary results are not terrible
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

stl303 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 pm eh.. say what now?
are the targets for the regular Bullseye matches changing?

This is irksome for someone who bought bulk packages of the B2 and B3 targets specifically and only for the LGC Bullseye..
No, we just had a request to make our own at home printable B2 and B3 targets for people to download. Thery're virtually identical to the official targets.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Bucolic wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm Let me finish my taxes in a day or so. I should be able to do that.
Sweet! Thanks!

No rush, as I, at least, have a bunch of chores to do this weekend and don't expect to go to the range. The weather tomorrow is forecast to be nice, so if I *did* go to the outdoor range, red centers should work well.

Bucolic wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am Okay, taxes done. Still on my feet, financially.

I am not sure what circles you wanted colored chartreuse. Check out the attached drafts.

B2 Target green center.pdf

B3 Target green center.pdf
I was originally thinking of just substituting green for the red in the 10 or X rings in your previous BB red and BBB red. The light green color should be more visible and contrasty in poor light.

The black 10 ring and green 8 and 9 in your new, er, BB is an interesting idea. Minimizing the area of black might make the gaps on the sides of the front sight easier to see. I find those can vanish if there is too much black sights on black target area going on. Must experiment!

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:42 pm As a result of another thread, I put together some drafts of LGC-specific targets for use in the Liberal Gun Club's Bullseye and Even-Handed Justice Competitions. These are based on the NRA B2 and B3 targets that many use but they are NOT official NRA targets, nor should they be used or construed as such. They differ slightly in the dimensions of the target circles and some are colored differently. If you are entering NRA-sponsored bullseye events, use the proper official NRA targets that are available from a number of sources.

Here are PDFs of the targets both with and without a red center bull.

BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
BB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf

BBB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
BBB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf

I'm getting, "Insufficient data for an image" when I open these.
Dany