Appleseed

I just participated in my third Appleseed event at Custer, Washington. I highly recommend the program! Two day training on safety, marksmanship, use of slings, with a healthy history lesson about the march to Lexington and the events leading up to the Revolutionary War.

Managed to achieve "Rifleman" status which is a score of 210 or greater on the AQT (Army Qualification Test).

It is all run by volunteers, the instruction is excellent, and the cost is LOW.

I suspect most participants do not come from our side of the isle but there is a strict prohibition about talking modern politics so it is a very comfortable space and I have thoroughly enjoyed my three events. I have learned a lot and met a lot of great people.

Highly recommended.

https://appleseedinfo.org/

LAD

Liberal, Armed and Dangerous....

: )
LAD

Liberal, Armed and Dangerous!

Re: Appleseed

Congratulations!

I attended a couple of Appleseeds a few years back. My reports on it are in this forum somewhere. I agree, it is great training at a great price.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

If you want to learn to shoot a rifle really, really well, take an Appleseed class. There were at least 8 Appleseed volunteers there helping out and making sure everyone was safe. Several of those volunteers were women. It is my intention to repeat the class as some point.

Side note: another lesson from the Appleseed class: Having an expensive fancy rifle does not necessarily mean you will shoot better. The guy with an HK 91 couldn't hit an 8 1/2 by 11 page at 25 yards.
Last edited by Hiker on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Congrats from a fellow Rifleman :)

As the saying goes: it's the indian, not the arrow. An Accuracy International sniper rifle is not gonna hit the bullseye all by itself, the guy pulling the trigger has to know what he's doing.

The first time I took Appleseed --which was also the second time ever that I shot a rifle in my life-- I came within a couple of points from getting the Rifleman patch. I came with no bad habit to unlearn and just followed all their instructions, they worked. I used basically a standard Ruger 10/22 with $25 wal-mart scope.

The second time around I hit 210 and 217. Too bad they only give the patch once per event. That time I used a Ruger takedown lite with a $50 UTG scope. A takedown rifle is less than ideal when it comes to accuracy, but technique still matters more than equipment in this case.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

I still got one to attend near East Memphis. Haven't been since the last time one fell on a Patriot's Day. Pretty sure my AK won't let me down, especially with .30 sabots instead of normal x39.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.