Re: Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

I printed all four targets on an Epson Artisan 835 printer and they all came out great. Comparing these with the NRA B-2 and B-3 targets against the light to compare sizing, they are pretty darn close.

I dig the handy scoring matrix, the LGC and Bullseye Bob logos, and the URL with club motto. Outstanding work, Bucolic. :D I'd say these are pretty darn close to being ready for the print shop.

I'm going to start using these immediately for practice, until I can buy them from the LGC shop. :yahoo:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Here are the latest versions. A little better centering of the numbers and a few aesthetic tweaks. I promise I will stop fiddling after this post.
BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
BB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
BBB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
(94.08 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
BBB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Now get out and perforate these things!

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:57 pm Here are the latest versions. A little better centering of the numbers and a few aesthetic tweaks. I promise I will stop fiddling after this post.

BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf

Now get out and perforate these things!
Sweet.

Admin Overlords: Is there a way of making this post a sticky, or otherwise pin it towards the top of this forum until we can get a run of these to the printers? It would be nice to make these readily available. :)

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:48 pm I just checked and I am no longer a moderator. I did post the targets there so if a moderator can stickify it, they will be reasonably accessible.
No longer a moderator? Too many intemperate posts, perhaps? :roflmao:

Seriously, thank you again for these. I saw 'em posted. Hopefully we can convert those to an LGC Store item, but they're going to be great to use regularly in any case.

Thanks, Bacchus. It was fun until I started to sweat the minutia. It did get me thinking about other target ideas though.

How about targets based on constellations? Shoot out the stars in Orion. Punch out the Pleiades. Perforate Perseus, aerate Arcturus. Maybe revive the postal matches. Must cogitate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm Thanks, Bacchus. It was fun until I started to sweat the minutia. It did get me thinking about other target ideas though.

How about targets based on constellations? Shoot out the stars in Orion. Punch out the Pleiades. Perforate Perseus, aerate Arcturus. Maybe revive the postal matches. Must cogitate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm liking the ideas. :yahoo:

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:47 am Trying again.

Here are the B2- and B3-like targets, with and without red centers.

BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf

I really like 'em. I'd be a buyer.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am A problem: The diameter of the 6-ring on the timed and rapid fire target is outside of the range of my printer so I get a gap in the ring on the right and left side.
I have that problem with B3s. I'm amazed that I have yet to have a problem scoring a shot due to that gap!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

MaxWyatt wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm No, I killed all the bees.
Big meanie.

Also, I think the #9 ring is a little to large. Should drive my scores up a bit though. :fun:

Edit: The final copies are super!!
Damn you.

Stop toying with me! I was just getting over the urge to tweak them. I’ll measure them up now...stand by..

The 9 ring on the BB target measures 1.58 in. cf. 1.54 on the NRA B2.

THE 9 ring on the BBB target measures 3.04 in Cf 3.06 on the NRA B3.

All good.

Is someone looking to shoot in the LGC Bullseye League? :yahoo:

I have looked but have not found any that are not tagged as NRA compliant, though many make them. I have found good prices at Optics Planet, and have bought through Amazon before.

I agree that LGC-spec targets would be awesome. I'd gladly buy LGC branded targets instead of others.