Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

Just wanted to know if there are non NRA B2 and B3 targets out there to buy? Anyone have a recommendation who to buy from for B2 and B3 targets?

Tangent to my first question, The LGC B2 and B3 targets would be awesome.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

sikacz wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm Just wanted to know if there are non NRA B2 and B3 targets out there to buy? Anyone have a recommendation who to buy from for B2 and B3 targets?

Is someone looking to shoot in the LGC Bullseye League? :yahoo:

I have looked but have not found any that are not tagged as NRA compliant, though many make them. I have found good prices at Optics Planet, and have bought through Amazon before.

I agree that LGC-spec targets would be awesome. I'd gladly buy LGC branded targets instead of others. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm Just wanted to know if there are non NRA B2 and B3 targets out there to buy? Anyone have a recommendation who to buy from for B2 and B3 targets?

Is someone looking to shoot in the LGC Bullseye League? :yahoo:

I have looked but have not found any that are not tagged as NRA compliant, though many make them. I have found good prices at Optics Planet, and have bought through Amazon before.

I agree that LGC-spec targets would be awesome. I'd gladly buy LGC branded targets instead of others. :)
I'm not admitting I am or not, just trying to eliminate excuses. :whistle:

I'll checkout Optics Planet prices and Amazon. I'd definitely by LGC branded targets.

Unfortunately printing my own is out of the question Sail.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Inquisitor wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 pm I believe they are actually under copyright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It's not a complicated layout. What is copyrighted would be interesting. I did read about non NRA compliant targets, the center color was not black. Just thinking.

Inquisitor wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 am
sikacz wrote:
bigbass4me wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 pm
Inquisitor wrote:I believe they are actually under copyright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t LGC come up with target registered to the LGC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly!

Design one and work with John to get it for sale ;)
The easiest way would be to make a downloadable .pdf file to print on demand. All's we need is the proper diameter circles to avoid copyright infringement. We can put "shooting stuff is fun" on there with the LGC logo and web address. If we print in quantity, we can offer them on the LGC store.

I'd be a buyer.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Eris wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:02 am
sikacz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am I have sinned! I ordered NRA B2 and B3 targets.
It's OK. I bet that money goes to their competition and training programs. Those are just fine, it's just the political programs that are problematic.
It’s likely the *only* money that goes to their training and competition programs. Ask anyone into any of the NRA sponsored shooting sports how much “sponsoring” and support they’ve received from the NRA in recent years (decades) and hear the wails and gnashing of teeth. Really good legacy programs are dying on the vine.

CDFingers wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:35 am Why don't we make a .pdf of these targets with a Liberal Gun Club logo so folks could download and print and take it to the range?

CDFingers
I suppose if one was drawn up from scratch with some distinctive differences it could be copyrighted. How different it has to be I don’t know.

They're concentric circles of certain diameters. That part is tough to copyright. My thoughts are someone with the whole Adobe suite would get like the LGC Bullseye image in one corner and add our web address and B2 and B4 where appropriate to the concentric circles with numbers therein on an 8-1/2x11 sheet. I would love a rainbow colored one, but that would require a color printer maybe. Or offer the b&w version and the color version. Just thoughts. It's advertising, really

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:14 pm They're concentric circles of certain diameters. That part is tough to copyright. My thoughts are someone with the whole Adobe suite would get like the LGC Bullseye image in one corner and add our web address and B2 and B4 where appropriate to the concentric circles with numbers therein on an 8-1/2x11 sheet. I would love a rainbow colored one, but that would require a color printer maybe. Or offer the b&w version and the color version. Just thoughts. It's advertising, really

CDFingers
I doubt if we could put "B2" or "B3" etc on target of our own. Those designations are probably protected by trademark.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

OK, this piqued my interest so I went up and opened Pages on my iMac. I really have no experience with Pages but it seemed pretty straightforward so I drafted up the bogus target below which is a JPEG converted from the PDF that I made with Pages. The size of the jpeg is wrong but the PDF preserves the dimensions correctly.

It’s simple to create concentric circles of specific sizes so there’s no problem there. The draft target is just three random radii concentrc circles. It’s also easy to use color if desired

I really don’t want to incur any IP issues but this would be straightforward to do.

Any comments?