Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #23 IS OPEN

cooper wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 pm 20210314_162443.jpg
20210314_162436.jpg
20210314_162430.jpg

Here are the cups for the first post-2020 Bullseye. No one has entered yet, so if there's no objection, I'll extend this tournament to take advantage of good weather and vaccinations.

Match extended: now ends April 30.
No entries yet (if you sent me one, let me know and I'll recheck my email). Vaccines and good weather are showing up so hopefully someone will send me something. These fine laser engraved tumblers are going to be very easy for someone to claim.

I'm glad for the extension. work/life has been busy as sh*t and wasn't able to make it to the range until yesterday. I shot poorly and used up my only three bullseye targets and then shot much better. I know what you're going to say: "pics or it didn't happen". Sorry no pics, but at least now I have a second chance to shoot decently!

bihammond wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm I've got a stack of centerfire scores saved up. Just hoping to eke out a decent one before the deadline or I run out of 9mm. I've got a two-day shooting class starting tonight so my stash will be severely depleted. I think I'll have one more target shooting range trip and then I'll send my best string.
How many in a stack? You only get to score three rounds.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm
bihammond wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm I've got a stack of centerfire scores saved up. Just hoping to eke out a decent one before the deadline or I run out of 9mm. I've got a two-day shooting class starting tonight so my stash will be severely depleted. I think I'll have one more target shooting range trip and then I'll send my best string.
What Buck13 said. Three pre-designated rounds. Pick the best of the three.

Ah, I guess I didn't realize there was a limit to the number of attempted rounds. Maybe I'll just send in my next round, whatever it is.

bihammond wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 pm
Ah, I guess I didn't realize there was a limit to the number of attempted rounds. Maybe I'll just send in my next round, whatever it is.
Perfect. Hope the practice was good for you and the shooting was fun. Looking forward to seeing your scores.

If you don't have time to shoot more, you could simply take the last three rounds you shot. That would be fair. Or if you have time to shoot only one more round, do that and add the last two previous sets.

In the past, we only got to score one round, so you had to say to yourself "this next round is the one that counts" before firing the first shot. That almost invariably meant that the next shot I fired was a 4 or 5. 8^(

If we're allowing multiple rounds in future matches, note that I don't see that requiring that they be sequential. If you thought you usually got your best score on, say, the third round of the day, you could shoot 60 rounds to warm up, then a set for score, and repeat that on three different days, as long as you announce (at least internally) that the next 30 shots *that day* will be one of your three scored rounds.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:51 am
If you don't have time to shoot more, you could simply take the last three rounds you shot. That would be fair. Or if you have time to shoot only one more round, do that and add the last two previous sets.

In the past, we only got to score one round, so you had to say to yourself "this next round is the one that counts" before firing the first shot. That almost invariably meant that the next shot I fired was a 4 or 5. 8^(

If we're allowing multiple rounds in future matches, note that I don't see that requiring that they be sequential. If you thought you usually got your best score on, say, the third round of the day, you could shoot 60 rounds to warm up, then a set for score, and repeat that on three different days, as long as you announce (at least internally) that the next 30 shots *that day* will be one of your three scored rounds.
Exactly. Just say next one's it and go for it.