LGC Bullseye Club Match #20 to Open November 30

The place to find LGC Postal Matches, our own Bullseye Club, and ongoing conversations about marksmanship, practice, and safety.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, Bucolic, Paco, ForumModerator, Marksman Mods

wooglin
Been around awhile

Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match #20 to Open November 30

#26 Post by wooglin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 pm

SailDesign wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Well, I've got to shoot SOMETHING for centrefire, so I'll join you. Mine's only a 327 Federal, though, so the bullets may just drop and hit the floor before they get to the target... :)
Missed this the first time. Nice. Even if they don’t fall to the ground they’ll probably just bounce off paper, right?

SailDesign
Verified Member
Verified Member

#27 Post by SailDesign » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 pm

wooglin wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 pm
SailDesign wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Well, I've got to shoot SOMETHING for centrefire, so I'll join you. Mine's only a 327 Federal, though, so the bullets may just drop and hit the floor before they get to the target... :)
Missed this the first time. Nice. Even if they don’t fall to the ground they’ll probably just bounce off paper, right?

They usually do. Some of the wadcutters barely make it out of the barrel....
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

ImageImageImage

ThereAreDozensOfUs
Verified Member
Verified Member

#28 Post by ThereAreDozensOfUs » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Got some trigger time with the GP100 today. Looking forward to shooting the match in the coming weeks

Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member

#29 Post by Bacchus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm

ThereAreDozensOfUs wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Got some trigger time with the GP100 today. Looking forward to shooting the match in the coming weeks
Cool! I may be doing the centerfire portion with my GP100 as well. :) I shouldn't give away a competitive advantage here, but I found that factory wadcutters are generally more accurate than FMJ .38 Spc. out of the GP. ;)

Good luck! :yahoo:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

ImageImage

SailDesign
Verified Member
Verified Member

#30 Post by SailDesign » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Bacchus wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm
Cool! I may be doing the centerfire portion with my GP100 as well. :) I shouldn't give away a competitive advantage here, but I found that factory wadcutters are generally more accurate than FMJ .38 Spc. out of the GP. ;)

Heh! Yeah - the wadcutters are more accurate for sure, but the 32 ones are slow as molasses. My GP100 was sighted in at 10 yards, but was hitting to POA at 25.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

ImageImageImage

Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member

#31 Post by Bacchus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:15 pm

SailDesign wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:45 pm
Bacchus wrote:

Heh! Yeah - the wadcutters are more accurate for sure, but the 32 ones are slow as molasses. My GP100 was sighted in at 10 yards, but was hitting to POA at 25.
Wow. The ones I was shooting were like a pea shooter- I think they were running about 740 fps. Mighty lazy, but they sure fly true and make scoring easy. The GP is such a beefy gun as it is, with those wadcutters it had all the recoil of .22lr out of a Ruger MK...

ImageImage

ThereAreDozensOfUs
Verified Member
Verified Member

#32 Post by ThereAreDozensOfUs » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Bacchus wrote:
SailDesign wrote:
Bacchus wrote:

Wow. The ones I was shooting were like a pea shooter- I think they were running about 740 fps. Mighty lazy, but they sure fly true and make scoring easy. The GP is such a beefy gun as it is, with those wadcutters it had all the recoil of .22lr out of a Ruger MK...
I'm relatively new to revolvers. After this conversation and reading up on wadcutters, I'll definitely be sending some down range next time out.

Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member

#33 Post by Bacchus » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:21 am

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm
Bacchus wrote:
SailDesign wrote:
Bacchus wrote:

I'm relatively new to revolvers. After this conversation and reading up on wadcutters, I'll definitely be sending some down range next time out.
Revolvers are neat. Totally different thing than firing a semiautomatic, in my inexperienced opinion. Wadcutters are a hoot- the target looks like someone went at it with one of those hole punch tools. There are some semiautos that shoot wadcutters, too: Smith and Wesson Model 52 comes to mind- It shoots 38 Spc. wadcutters and the one I shot was the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. Simply amazing. Too rich for my budget, though. :)

ImageImage