lead in the groves

I have a few guns but the one I shoot the most is my M94 gustaf carbine/ sportified into a herters stock back in the 60's
I have many deer kills a few elk with this gun. But It was puzzling me.
at 100 yards I am shooting 2 holes in paper with a 3 shot group. The rifle is a tack driver.
the 4th and 5th shots were wild. 6'' out.
group1.jpg
So i asked someone that knows more his opinion.
lead in my groves. So i worked at getting it out. they sell everything but i found a recipe that worked for me
3 ingredients. equal parts each
Kroil oil
Synthetic 2 stroke
synthetic 50 weight trans

smells like hell but is more slippery than a car salesman.
we used it in a full auto that needed to be cleaned after every mag dump.
we only had to clean it at the end of the day, no soot, no gum up
I smoked a joint with BB king, sitting on a broken picnic table behind a Bar

Re: lead in the groves

Did you mean by using that formula you were able to avoid leading in the grooves?

Or did you mean you were able to get the lead out of the grooves by soaking the barrel with that formula at the end of the day?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

My Guess: Lead fouling had built up and this recipe cleaned it out. Maybe?

Never had to use anything more than what I use, but happy to hear that worked for you. Everyone has their own experience and every rifle is different.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:38 am How does it keep lead from building up?
Good question. I do not know, I did this de-leading 2 years ago and have not had any flyers since
BUT. I use the lube to clean and lube with.
I really like it when cleaning an old Remington sportscaster 512. it is a straight up PITMFA to clean the action.
squirt this stuff and it cleans itself.

Lurker. it is actually a purple/reddish hue..will it match your shoes? Just kidding
I smoked a joint with BB king, sitting on a broken picnic table behind a Bar

What do you use to remove leading, K9s?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I understand “Leading” as a term describing the accumulation of lead inside the grooves of a barrel from hard-cast boolits. Jacketed bullets do not normally leave lead in the grooves.

Is that what happened here with the 6.5 Swede (a jacketed rifle round...)?

Bisbee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:50 pm I understand “Leading” as a term describing the accumulation of lead inside the grooves of a barrel from hard-cast boolits. Jacketed bullets do not normally leave lead in the grooves.

Is that what happened here with the 6.5 Swede (a jacketed rifle round...)?
Yeah, I wondered if I misunderstood the issue, or if the issue was misunderstood. I think you see my confusion.

EDIT I looked it up and the Kroil is probably the only thing you needed to use. It seems to be a product used for target rifles. JB Bore Paste is also suggested.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

halfcockedone wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:49 am That is a puzzle, Nothing has gone down that barrel in over 10 years but Nosler or Hornady ballistic tip reloads
Probably a lot of fouling that only the Kroil got out. It depends on what you've been using to clean it for ten years.

For me, I find that using CLP after solvent works OK. Of course, I am no 0.25 MOA @ 400M shooter, so maybe I just don't notice the difference and should.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt