Connecticut gun permits/safety classes

So for the state of Connecticut the process of obtaining permits for fire arms and ammo is pretty complicated. Does anyone have any experience with this process? I have heard that the first step involves taking a pistol safety course then sending in some applications for permits or something. Eventually, I'd like to get into military surplus firearms such as some bolt actions (m1903, m1903A3, Mausers, Lee Enfields, etc.) and learn the ropes from there.

Re: Connecticut gun permits/safety classes

I figure you gravitate toward the old bolt action, but I’ll throw this out there. If you are a paid member here you are eligible to purchase a gun through the CMP, Civilian Marksmanship Program. They are pretty much already sold out of the bolt action, but you might be able to buy a M1 Garand while they are still available. I bought one a few years back and it’s one of my best shooting rifles.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:53 am I figure you gravitate toward the old bolt action, but I’ll throw this out there. If you are a paid member here you are eligible to purchase a gun through the CMP, Civilian Marksmanship Program. They are pretty much already sold out of the bolt action, but you might be able to buy a M1 Garand while they are still available. I bought one a few years back and it’s one of my best shooting rifles.
I have heard about the CMP! That program looks pretty cool and a M1 Garand would be a pretty cool piece of history to have.

hadeanobsidian334 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:31 pm
lurker wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 am we have a new england chapter for paid members
https://theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=41
I just purchased a membership so I guess I will have to wait until I am allowed in.
Contact an admin with your membership number and they'll get you set up.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim