Shipping for a private transfer?

Hi all,
Have a couple friends I'm assisting to do a private transfer with all the FFL, bill of sale etc. It's a sale from WA to CO. Can someone tell me are there any special rules for mailing/shipping a pistol beyond obviously going directly to the FFL who is conducting the transfer?
Groovin' and jivin' and diggin' the skin I'm in

Lyons, CO

Re: Shipping for a private transfer?

Find a cheap FFL on shipping who will send it for you via flat rate Priority Mail box. No declaration of firearm necessary in that case but up to the shipping FFL. That route may be cheaper than FedEx.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

FFL to FFL is way to go. My FFL charges $40 for shipping; $ 20 for 4473 form receiving. $40 is about half of what I'd have to pay +/- as an individual to ship. Still has to be FFL on receiving end to be legal unless the gun belongs to recipient.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

When I had to send my P320 back to Sig, for the recall, oops, "Voluntary Upgrade" they sent me a pre-paid FedEx label (I think they sent a box, too--I have forgotten). I packed it up, sans mag, ammo, etc, took it to the local FedEx depot, told them it was a firearm. Ten days later it was delivered to my door...(Sig Sauer is, of course, an FFL)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."