Va Concealed Carry

Regarding what proof of competency Virginia courts typically accept for a new concealed carry permit...do they actually accept the online courses?
My initial plan was to attend a course held by my local sheriff's office, which apparently doesn't even involve a firearm in the room, but they haven't mentioned another session since the start of this year. The same goes for the near by community college offered courses.
I'm not worried about missing the information, obviously I'm here and I even sell firearms, but I doubt my ATF numbers would count as experience, at least I hope they wouldn't.
Any experience with online courses VA and recommendation of courses would be great.

Re: Va Concealed Carry

Hi CorpSellOut,
I live in Fairfax County, VA. If you want to do the absolute minimum in a 'gun free' environment you could go to a community college or Sheriff's office. The course I took was several hours of gun safety, use and maintenance then a couple of hours of lecture by a Lawyer on the rules of engagement involved with the use of deadly force in self defense. There was a written exam you had to pass to progress. Then we moved across the building to the range where instructors went through the basics of range safety, muzzle control and gun handling. Then we had to demonstrate proficiency, with instructor supervision, in hitting targets, clearing jambs, bandaging slide-bites and so on. I regretted only bringing 200 rounds. The class had the range to themselves for 2 hours, we could ask questions and after demonstrating the required shooting ability we could try things like hitting targets at 75 yards. The tuition wasn't as high as most places were charging at the time.You'll have to provide your own hearing and eye protection, weapon and ammo in an appropriate case.
Due to recent organizational problems I don't know if they're going by the same name, but they're still at 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax VA 22030.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

Re: Va Concealed Carry

Virginia will accept an online course until Jan 2021, when a hands-on training certification is required. For those who qualified under the current rules and have a concealed weapons permit already, renewal will not require re-certification under the newer regs.
"A gun is a tool, Marion, no better or worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything." - Alan Ladd, as Shane