Drying Cases After Tumbling: a new rack!

Hey folks, as you know if your read my thread with questions on wet tumbling, I just started tumbling my brass. I have been experimenting with drying methods, and I came up with this:
This rack is called the BOON drying rack and I think it's for baby bottles, but heck if it doesn't work perfectly for brass! Each tine fits loosely in a .223 case, allowing it to drain and air dry. Where I live in Cali, it's still in the mid-80's during the day, so I can put this in the sun and have dry casings inside and out in an hour no problem. Just thought I'd share. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O ... UTF8&psc=1
Crow
Minute Of Average
Attachments
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0596.JPG

Re: Drying Cases After Tumbling: a new rack!

Kinetic wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:04 am That is very cool! I wet tumble all my brass with stainless pins and I dry at 150 degrees in the oven after repeated rinsings. The only problem with the oven drying method is the brass looks somewhat dull after. I'll have to try this doohicky you discovered. Thanks!
I find that my brass always looks a little dull after cleaning anyway, but I usually load pretty small batches so I don't mind taking the time to polish it. I use one of those lee drill collets to spin each casing, and I buff it for a second or two with a small jewelry polishing pad. I then hold a sharpie on the casing as I spin it again, which marks it as fired. Cases with one ring are once fired, two rings twice fired, etc. The sharpie holds up through chambering and firing and allows me to find my brass at the range and keep it organized by times fired.
Crow.
Minute Of Average