Re: CMP

ezmac028 wrote:Thanks for posting. I understand that the LGC is a CMP affiliated group, but how can we prove our membership to the LGC in order to qualify to buy from CMP?
Go here, print the page, make a note of LGC's affiliate number somewhere on it (I wrote it at the top). Easy-peasy.
Those who know what's best for us / Must rise and save us from ourselves - Rush, Witch Hunt

"Printing our your member record from the membership system, showing your membership expiration date will also work."

Thanks guys, I didn't see that sentence at the end. That same paragraph of the link also mentions LGC membership cards - how does one get a membership card? It would be very satisfying to tell my conservative friends that I'm literally a card carrying member of the LGC :thumbup:

I'm looking over the eligibilty requirements...
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/eligibility.htm

I have everything but the "Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity".
I'm not a LEO, not military. No CCW or hunting permit. I do have a FFL 003.
"Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license."
Getting the FFL didn't require anything to do with live-fire training. Would they really accept an FFL 003?

I tried getting the range to sign a form when I was there last, but no one wants to sign a form...
Time for some LGC range time. :)
Aim past the target.

Email them and ask...

I include a link but i'm on a dumb smart phone and it won't let me...just hit up their 'contact us' and I am pretty certain that they'll get back to you soon.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

gator68 wrote:I'm looking over the eligibilty requirements...
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/eligibility.htm

I have everything but the "Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity".
I'm not a LEO, not military. No CCW or hunting permit. I do have a FFL 003.
"Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license."
Getting the FFL didn't require anything to do with live-fire training. Would they really accept an FFL 003?

I tried getting the range to sign a form when I was there last, but no one wants to sign a form...
Time for some LGC range time. :)
FFL03 counts. I don't know why.

Jammersix wrote: I've always wondered how the hell we won the war with M1s...
Well, that the other guys were shooting bolt action rifles might have had a little to do with that.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Jammersix wrote:Never anything more modern? No M14 or M16?
Actually be pretty awesome if the CMP sold old surplus M16 without their lower receiver and auto sear. Such a thing would probably never fly politically. A M14, without it's auto parts, would probably be more likely, but I doubt that would happen too.
Meh.

I believe the CMP (or its predecessor organization) has IN THE PAST sold M1 Carbines, Springfield '03s, some parts for M14s but not complete rifles, and a few specialty items like .22 trainers.

But in the past few years it has been almost entirely M1 Garands. I think they occasionally still get an M1 Carbine back from some damn outfit like the Bavarian Border Police, and sell it at auction.

I've seen the question asked as to whether they will ever sell more modern surplus weapons like M16s, and the answer is no.

That raises the question, what happens to surplus M16s and M4s? Are they sold/given to third world death squads, or what?
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Elmo wrote:I think they occasionally still get an M1 Carbine back from some damn outfit like the Bavarian Border Police, and sell it at auction.
It's on the page somewhere that any Carbines they receive are now only being sold through auction. :(
Brian in StL

Question. My membership was due January 2019, but the link for membership says it expires October 31, 2018? I actually just added another year and no change in the expiration date.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

What is our affiliate number? I can't seem to see it. I see my membership number, but no CMP affiliate number.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:What is our affiliate number? I can't seem to see it. I see my membership number, but no CMP affiliate number.
When I went to the CMP to order ammo, I was required to demonstrate membership in an affiliate org. I did the whole thing through email and the person I was dealing with was very responsive. I printed my membership page from where you log in to see your profile- on the LGC main membership page, not the forum. You might want to make that inquiry to the CMP about that via email- they may suggest that you print that page and attach it to your Garand order form.

P.S. They indicated to me that once I was in their system, I was good to go for future purchases.

P.P.S. So, you are getting a Garand, eh? Hate you. ;) Ping!
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:
sikacz wrote:What is our affiliate number? I can't seem to see it. I see my membership number, but no CMP affiliate number.
When I went to the CMP to order ammo, I was required to demonstrate membership in an affiliate org. I did the whole thing through email and the person I was dealing with was very responsive. I printed my membership page from where you log in to see your profile- on the LGC main membership page, not the forum. You might want to make that inquiry to the CMP about that via email- they may suggest that you print that page and attach it to your Garand order form.

P.S. They indicated to me that once I was in their system, I was good to go for future purchases.

P.P.S. So, you are getting a Garand, eh? Hate you. ;) Ping!
Gathering paper work. It's filled out and printed. Going to see about the notary, our office manager is one. I'll see if she'll do it. Forgot to copy my CHL, I'll do that Monday or perhaps I'll do it tomorrow. I looked at the membership page...I did print my invoice that says I'm a member till December 2020. I'll get it done this weekend. This baby is going forward! :beer2: Next time you want to visit it's range time!