Re: CMP

45 days for me so far and still no order confirmation. Can't get approved on the forums either, so I'm not even sure how to ask questions about it.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm 45 days for me so far and still no order confirmation. Can't get approved on the forums either, so I'm not even sure how to ask questions about it.
Eris, I sent them an e-mail. Actually two. One to the forum and one CMP itself and mentioned the forum. I also just inquired if the had received my packet. They were very nice and the person in charge sent me an e-mail saying they had it. A week and a half later I noticed an indication in the e-Store that noted an order. It all happens rather quickly. Alternatively, you could call and inquire. If they tell you they have, sit back it will happen. I do think it helped dropping an e-mail to the forum in getting in.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:41 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm 45 days for me so far and still no order confirmation. Can't get approved on the forums either, so I'm not even sure how to ask questions about it.
Eris, I sent them an e-mail. Actually two. One to the forum and one CMP itself and mentioned the forum. I also just inquired if the had received my packet. They were very nice and the person in charge sent me an e-mail saying they had it. A week and a half later I noticed an indication in the e-Store that noted an order. It all happens rather quickly. Alternatively, you could call and inquire. If they tell you they have, sit back it will happen. I do think it helped dropping an e-mail to the forum in getting in.
OK. I just sent an email to their custserve@thecmp.org address. I assume that's the one I should use.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:41 pm
OK. I just sent an email to their custserve@thecmp.org address. I assume that's the one I should use.
I believe so....

Yes, it was.
Kimberly responded back.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

weimarpolice wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm I have been a member on the CMP forum for about five yrs and ordered a couple of rifles, ammo and parts.
Any questions, just ask me and I can at least give you a semi-informed answer ;)
Thanks, but the only real question I have is "did they receive my order"?

And welcome to the forums!
:welcome:
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm
weimarpolice wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm I have been a member on the CMP forum for about five yrs and ordered a couple of rifles, ammo and parts.
Any questions, just ask me and I can at least give you a semi-informed answer ;)

I'm sure you'll get a response sometime tomorrow.

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm

you won't receive notification that they received your order.

1. Sign up for the estore - once they PROCESS your order, you will 'likely' but not always see it appear there.
    Many folks send in their order registered or with tracking, so they know it arrived. otherwise you are just waiting until you receive the DBU (folks call it Don't Bother Us) where they will send you an email saying they are processing your order. I have been notified the few times I bought, others have said no.

If you sent an email to them, then M-F you will likely receive an email in return.
    Although a multi-million dollar company, their customer service can be a bit off putting, although once you chat with someone, they are very nice.

Ed

I keep hitting refresh on my email, and I logged in to the store today. I will do this several times a day from now on. It's got to be just as effective as going to the refrigerator several times in case new food has appeared. ;)
    1 defensive use
    0 people injured
    0 people killed

I noticed mine by checking the e-Store first also. Think I mentioned in the M1 Garand thread. Essentially I received an e-mail on the order initiating and when it shipped. But, all the info was at thee-Store earlier.

I didn't have a customer number when I first sent in my info and order. I did later let them know my e-Store customer number, just in case.

I called the CMP Anniston store yesterday. They have both field grade and service grade in stock, including the IHC receivered rifles. They are three and a half hours from here, so I'm going to drive over there some time this spring - a nice long day trip. I read a few weeks ago that the army released another 100,000 repatriated rifles to CMP earlier this year. I asked about that and she confirmed that CMP has them. They are from Turkey and the Philippines and she said they are working on the Turkish rifles now.

Good luck Eris, and congrats sikacz!
    Member, LGC

Woodsman wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:47 pm I called the CMP Anniston store yesterday. They have both field grade and service grade in stock, including the IHC receivered rifles. They are three and a half hours from here, so I'm going to drive over there some time this spring - a nice long day trip. I read a few weeks ago that the army released another 100,000 repatriated rifles to CMP earlier this year. I asked about that and she confirmed that CMP has them. They are from Turkey and the Philippines and she said they are working on the Turkish rifles now.

Good luck Eris, and congrats sikacz!
    I'd love to visit their facility and the range. Would be an interesting drive.

Even with 10h 34min one way I'm tempted. The big question is how long would it take me to pick out another rifle and head back to Houston! I need a ride buddy!

sikacz wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 am Even with 10h 34min one way I'm tempted. The big question is how long would it take me to pick out another rifle and head back to Houston! I need a ride buddy!
    So tempting. My father lives in Alabama and I haven't seen him in years, so I could actually justify such a trip.
    Oh, and it's more like 12-14 hours if you drive the speed limit. I've made that trip many times.
    1 defensive use
    0 people injured
    0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:06 pm
    sikacz wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 am Even with 10h 34min one way I'm tempted. The big question is how long would it take me to pick out another rifle and head back to Houston! I need a ride buddy!
    So tempting. My father lives in Alabama and I haven't seen him in years, so I could actually justify such a trip.
    Oh, and it's more like 12-14 hours if you drive the speed limit. I've made that trip many times.
    I was going by my untrustworthy iPhone estimate. But, still with a driving buddy I could see starting out Friday night getting there around noon, spend the afternoon there and head back to Houston later in the evening and arrive back by Sunday morning.

I lived in Penn for 9 yrs, kept telling myself I was going to go, but North Store was having no stock except M1D (sniper type) except for small amounts. Since receiving the Turkish returns, scores of IHC and other manufacturers, but that was after I moved back to Washington state, so a bit far.

Plus, two ways to look at it.
    1. Going, you get a a bit cheaper to much cheaper than on-line or a gunshow, plus you can look at it.
    2. Buying on-line from CMP you save the gas and time, but also don't get to hand-pick

Overall, I would have likely gone down to North Store if I was still living there...

weimarpolice wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:49 pm I lived in Penn for 9 yrs, kept telling myself I was going to go, but North Store was having no stock except M1D (sniper type) except for small amounts. Since receiving the Turkish returns, scores of IHC and other manufacturers, but that was after I moved back to Washington state, so a bit far.

Plus, two ways to look at it.
    1. Going, you get a a bit cheaper to much cheaper than on-line or a gunshow, plus you can look at it.
    2. Buying on-line from CMP you save the gas and time, but also don't get to hand-pick

Overall, I would have likely gone down to North Store if I was still living there...
    I'm extremely happy with what they sent me. Still it would be fun to go see.

Ha, I had just assumed they would be the same price as online. Perhaps they reduce the price by the amount it costs them to pack and ship? I like the idea of being able to hand pick, plus there is the instant gratification thing 8-)
    Member, LGC

before i moved here from tennessee, i was about an hour away from anniston, always wanted to go, but never happened. there's probably something magical about going to a place dedicated to the m1, to be in a room full of them, and to be able to pick one out and take it home.
    i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Finally got an email response from CMP. But it tells me absolutely nothing. They did NOT confirm they had received my order, they just said they are backlogged. Well no shit, Sherlock.

One guy on the CMP forums said he got some traction by calling on the phone and asking to add something to his order and that got them to actually pull up the order and look at it. I might try that if I still haven't heard anything by Monday.
    1 defensive use
    0 people injured
    0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:56 pm Finally got an email response from CMP. But it tells me absolutely nothing. They did NOT confirm they had received my order, they just said they are backlogged. Well no shit, Sherlock.

One guy on the CMP forums said he got some traction by calling on the phone and asking to add something to his order and that got them to actually pull up the order and look at it. I might try that if I still haven't heard anything by Monday.
    I wouldn't worry much. How many days now? Did you send by priority mail?

They won't generate an order until pretty much when they are processing your paper work and pretty much picking out your rifle. Until then your papers are in a pile.