80% Glock kits

Help your fellow firearm owner out and tell them how you did it.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

stickman
Grizzled Veteran

80% Glock kits

Post by stickman »

I've been interested in building a 9mm Glock 17-style pistol for a while now. I don't have the mental energy to go down the rabbit hole of right-wing YouTube channels so I figured I'd ask here. Can anyone point me to a reputable resource for how one might go about this, and suggest a seller that isn't supporting Trump or his enablers?

I've built an AR-15 and I've taken apart and successfully reassembled a CZ-82, and I have access to and experience with a workshop, if not a metal shop, so I feel like I'm fairly competent. I have a C&R license, so it's not like I'm dodging background checks. I just want to build a couple of handguns.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

-G.K. Chesterton

harriss
Loquacious

Re: 80% Glock kits

Post by harriss »

Have you tried distributors of the kits like Brownells or MidwayUSA? You can go to their websites instead of youtube.

Not sure if this will help. There aren't any videos but many customers have aske questions and reviewed the product. And Brownells does have videos. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020552143
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts ... /index.htm
Is ignorance bliss? NO! It's suffering. Suffering ends when ignorance ends.

stickman
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 80% Glock kits

Post by stickman »

Those are good links, thanks. I think I may just get a couple and figure it out as I go along.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

-G.K. Chesterton