Re: Parts to Build an AR-15

looks kinda spammish, but appears to be on topic so maybe ok.
opened the link in another window and it looks ok, though not much depth. engrish.

:welcome: new guy! stop by the new member intro section and tell us about yourself if you want to be taken seriously and/or participate in the discussion.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

blarkk wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am I'm not sure of the Club's official policy toward 80% lowers. Personally I'm not in favor of someone who won't or can't pass a background check being able to build their own rifle no questions asked. Maybe that's just me.
:sarcasm: I suppose the best solution is to just throw all people in jail who cannot pass a background check.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

blarkk wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am I'm not sure of the Club's official policy toward 80% lowers. Personally I'm not in favor of someone who won't or can't pass a background check being able to build their own rifle no questions asked. Maybe that's just me.
LGC policies are on the tin. We favor root cause mitigation over hardware limitations.

A bunch of folk here like building their own, modifying their own, you name it. ARs and Danish block toys. Don't step on either.

That said - not having run any polls or anything - you'll find a diverse set of opinions regarding background checks. Hell, my own opinions are complicated.

If y’all clicked on some link that looked at all spamish, you must be a geek with some super firewalled browser running on a Linux machine...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi