Minnesota man pulls gun on gym manager over unmasked patrons

Charges: Maplewood Man, Angry About Gym Members Not Wearing Masks, Pulls Gun On Manager
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 64-year-old Maplewood man is accused of pulling a gun on a gym manager during an argument over members not wearing face masks.

According to the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, Michael Florhaug faces one felony charge of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon in connection to the Dec. 31, 2020 incident.

Florhaug allegedly went to an LA Fitness location in Maplewood that afternoon to personally monitor if members of the gym were complying with the state’s face mask requirements for gyms. He’s not an active member of the gym, authorities said.

Re: Minnesota man pulls gun on gym manager over unmasked patrons

Sanctimonious wanker takes it upon himself to enforce local health rules, in places he has no business, threatening deadly force against apparent strangers and it doesn't turn out well?!? Quelle surprise.... shocking!
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:17 am I sympathize with the sorry SOB. Every time I see a nose poking out of a mask I want to break it.
Every time I see a nose poking out, I walk in the opposite direction. I stopped going to one particular Petsmart because one particular cashier always had her nose exposed. Choice exists and actions have consequences.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:24 am
SpaceRanger42 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:17 am I sympathize with the sorry SOB. Every time I see a nose poking out of a mask I want to break it.
Every time I see a nose poking out, I walk in the opposite direction. I stopped going to one particular Petsmart because one particular cashier always had her nose exposed. Choice exists and actions have consequences.
Write a note to the manager or corporate level. Otherwise, the store will never miss you.

DougB1946 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 am
Write a note to the manager or corporate level. Otherwise, the store will never miss you.
I went to another Petsmart just as close to my house, just in a different direction. I might. I just don't want to fight those battles. I see too much of the same in many places, either employees or customers. When there is an uptick in infections, I go less to stores or use online order or curbside pickup. I'm having a bigger headache with trying to find a vaccination location. I'm having limited energy to fight all battles. Just going to the other store was simpler.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I think it's good to let corporate know about these things. I've found social media to be highly effective in that regard. In my experience the social media teams have a LOT of clout. My initial reason for getting a Twitter account was to try and get some action from Comcast over an issue that I'd been fighting for a month with phone support. I had an answer in literally four minutes, and resolution to my issue the following morning. Corporations seem terrified of negative exposure on social media.

sikacz wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:39 am
I went to another Petsmart just as close to my house, just in a different direction. I might. I just don't want to fight those battles. I see too much of the same in many places, either employees or customers. When there is an uptick in infections, I go less to stores or use online order or curbside pickup. I'm having a bigger headache with trying to find a vaccination location. I'm having limited energy to fight all battles. Just going to the other store was simpler.
Find a friend/family member in health care to get the vaccine. That is how I got it. She literally put me in the line with her health care buddies. I feel no guilt about it. I just watched a video on TV of a vaccination center with volunteers standing around and nothing but empty chairs. No one was showing up to get vaccinated! Distribution is totally disorganized. It should not be this way, but it is. Get it as soon as you can.
"The last thing right-wing nuts, fascists and haters want is liberals owning guns and knowing how to use them." - Wise Liberal

Buck13 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:58 pm Dude seems unclear on the concept of "risk reduction."
Brilliant!

This guy got so upset over the idea of unmasked patrons polluting his air and nobody doing anything about it that he had to take matters into his own hands. This is an unhealthy Ego mixed with American Individualism corrupted by Hollywood Glamorization of gun’s as power fetishes. He learned that you can get anyone to do anything if you threaten to shoot them... and forgot that you will go to jail soon afterward.

I hope the guy is currently learning deeply about our Justice System now.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

K9s wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:03 am At least is was a gym and not a gun range.

Who "polices" mask wearing with a firearm as a private citizen?? Does he think he wears a mask to be a superhero vigilante?

Too much time at home in front of a screen, I guess.
At a gun range he wouldn't have had the balls to pull this stunt. The range says "no concealed carry," but you gonna bet on that?

I went to the range (outdoor) twice a week ago. It was about 65/35 no mask/ mask. Just slightly worse than I expected. Not surprising, except that the RSO was "no mask" in violation of state order, which I thought they would require of the employees. I don't give a fuck, myself, because I had The COV in December and should be immune until the next strain comes around. I wore my mask when moving around as a courtesy, and pulled it down in my lane (which was a couple of lanes from the next user; cool weather and light rain makes for plenty of elbow room) since my glasses fog. The least careful guys are, of course, the oldest. Good luck with that!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.