Queens woman charged for possession of "inoperable" firearms

Forest Hills Woman Hit With Weapon Charge Over Fake Guns: Report
FOREST HILLS, QUEENS — Last December, the NYPD lavished public praise on a team of police officers for seizing 22 guns from a Forest Hills apartment. But, according to the NYPD's own analysis, all the weapons were either fake or inoperable, a news report says.

Forest Hills resident Elizaveta Zlatkis, who was charged with first-degree criminal possession of a weapon, is staring down a possible 25-year prison sentence after cops seized her cache of airsoft rifles, toy replicas and starter pistols, the Queens Daily Eagle reported.

Zlatkis told the Eagle she and her husband loan the fake weapons to rappers and producers to use as props in music videos, citing Cru'cial and Tay Spades as two rappers who have made use of the collection.

Re: Queens woman charged for possession of "inoperable" firearms

Joking, right?
There would be lights and cameras, possibly music, to indicate to anyone paying attention they are filming a production.
No that police officers can be accused of paying too much attention to details these days.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

They shoot Black kids playing with toy guns in the playground here in Ohio.
They shoot Black men carrying a BB gun he planned to buy at the local Target here in Ohio.
They shoot Black men with a CHL three times in the back when returning from the dentist, carrying Subway sandwiches back to their family, so they die in their own kitchen in front of grandma, in Ohio.

I do not joke about police murdering citizens and getting away with it.

wings wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:31 pm They shoot Black kids playing with toy guns in the playground here in Ohio.
They shoot Black men carrying a BB gun he planned to buy at the local Target here in Ohio.
They shoot Black men with a CHL three times in the back when returning from the dentist, carrying Subway sandwiches back to their family, so they die in their own kitchen in front of grandma, in Ohio.

I do not joke about police murdering citizens and getting away with it.
So for vengeance you think it’s fair to put this woman away for 25 years. That’s not a solution.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Fuck no. When LEO shoot someone, they should immediately be suspended and face trial. if a jury determines it was justifiable, then they can get back pay, but they sure as hell shouldn't be on the streets until they have been exonerated.

The point was not that the charges were legitimate. They are not.

The point is that too many people who have sworn to uphold the peace and enforce the laws have forsaken the oath to protect and serve. I would prefer not to consider LEO to be a greater risk to public safety than my fellow citizens, or criminals for that matter. It would not matter if there were lights and music and cameras rolling in the current state of affairs. It does not matter if a Black American citizen is holding a toy or inoperable firearm, or is legally licensed to carry. They get shot NO MATTER WHAT.

I'm sorry that you feel infringed upon while other people get murdered by police.

wings wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:30 pm Fuck no. When LEO shoot someone, they should immediately be suspended and face trial. if a jury determines it was justifiable, then they can get back pay, but they sure as hell shouldn't be on the streets until they have been exonerated.

The point was not that the charges were legitimate. They are not.

The point is that too many people who have sworn to uphold the peace and enforce the laws have forsaken the oath to protect and serve. I would prefer not to consider LEO to be a greater risk to public safety than my fellow citizens, or criminals for that matter. It would not matter if there were lights and music and cameras rolling in the current state of affairs. It does not matter if a Black American citizen is holding a toy or inoperable firearm, or is legally licensed to carry. They get shot NO MATTER WHAT.

I'm sorry that you feel infringed upon while other people get murdered by police.
No I’m not infringed. Murder is wrong regardless who does it. You seemed to imply it was okay to send this woman away for something that is not and should not be a crime. I don’t condone the murder of any individual at the hands of the police, but I don’t try to drag other cases into the discussion that frankly have little to do with the merits of this particular case. We know people get shot by the police. We know there are no knock warrants that serve as a death sentence. Those should not be used to somehow reframe a discussion. The deaths you mention have been addressed by members here, I doubt there was much compassion for the police in those threads. I’m glad you clarified your comment.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.