Las Vegas man indicted for possession of automatic Glocks

Las Vegas Man Indicted For Illegal Possessions Of 3-D Printed Glock Switches And Firearms Suppressors
According to the indictment and arguments made in court, on or about August 15, 2020, Pham possessed three Glock semi-automatic firearms that he had modified to fire as fully automatic weapons without manual reloading. In addition, Pham possessed five firearm silencers that were not registered to him in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.

As alleged, law enforcement became aware of Pham after an anonymous tipster reported that Pham had made threats that he was planning to commit a shooting. Pham also told the tipster that he had converted firearms into automatic weapons by using a 3-D printer. Law enforcement executed a search warrant on Pham’s home and vehicle. They located automatic weapons, which were Glock semi-automatic handguns that Pham converted into fully automatic firearms through Glock switches created from a 3-D printer. Additionally, law enforcement located the five suppressors, as well as numerous firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, and a 3-D printer.

Pham faces a statutory maximum sentence of: (a) ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine for the illegal possession of a machine gun charge; and (b) ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count of possession of a firearm not registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record. In addition to imprisonment and monetary penalties, Pham also faces a period of supervised release and restitution.
https://www.scribd.com/document/4754487 ... Indictment

This will help firearm prohibitionists in their war on 3D printers.

Re: Las Vegas man indicted for possession of automatic Glocks

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:29 am
after an anonymous tipster reported that Pham had made threats that he was planning to commit a shooting.
I am curious: Did Pham really make these threats, in which case he deserves the full weight of the law, or was he "SWATed"? In which case he deserves SOME leniency.
I had the same thought when I first read it. And LEOs sometimes make wrong assumptions about firearms.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan