Man fatally shoots Indiana postal worker over delivery dispute

Indiana Postal Worker Shot Dead After Refusing to Deliver Mail to Man With Aggressive Dog: Court Docs
Tony Cushingberry-Mays, 21, was charged with second-degree murder, assaulting a federal employee, and discharging a firearm during a crime for the death of Angela Summers, a 45-year-old postal worker who was gunned down Monday afternoon during her mail delivery route in east Indianapolis, according to the United States District Court of Southern Indiana.
Both Toms and a witness who spoke to WTHR said Cushingberry-Mays was allegedly upset about not getting his COVID-19 stimulus check when he confronted Summers.

Summers, however, could not deliver his mail “because she was having a problem with the dog at his residence,” the complaint said, adding that Summers had reported “several issues” with the dog, which had resulted in mail being held.
Details verified elsewhere.

Re: Man fatally shoots Indiana postal worker over delivery dispute

A week or so ago I wrote that folks are running out of money and getting hungry. Hungry people who have no money can be dangerous. Add a gun and we're off to the races.

This unfortunate incident shows how Congress should immediately get more funds to hungry folks. I know kids in my neighborhood who work retail and are out of work. No money. Pretty soon their power may be cut off. Not good. The one household I'm thinking of--college students--prolly don't have guns. I've not seen 'em haul out to the range. I'm optimistic. I have food for them if need be.

on edit:
The Emergency Money for the People Act, introduced on April 14 with 18 Democratic co-sponsors, would provide monthly checks of $2,000 to every American 16 or older making less than $130,000 a year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 9b2a6f641f

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Man fatally shoots Indiana postal worker over delivery dispute

Great. So a young Black man shoots a "nice" middle-aged White woman for not delivering his mail...because his dog (apparently) keeps trying to attack her. She reported a problem with the dog several times. She pepper sprays him, after explaining he can pick up his mail at the post office. he pulls out a gun and shoots her. Runs and tries to hide. "I didn't meant to kill her!"...now that his life is, essentially over as well as hers.

Killing a federal employee in the course of their duties is a federal capital offense, punishable by death or life imprisonment. And, being that she was White and he is Black, I don't give him good odds at avoiding the needle. But if he was a middle class White guy and she was a Black postal worker, I'd give him far better odds are escaping the death penalty, especially if he's before a Trump judge. Sad, but true

And the racists and White supremacists will have a field day with this.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."