Study: "Characteristics of Gun Advertisements on Social Media"

Characteristics of Gun Advertisements on Social Media: Systematic Search and Content Analysis of Twitter and YouTube Posts
Objective: This study aimed to quantify the characteristics of gun advertising on social media and to compare the reach of posts
by manufacturers with those of influencers
Results: Sample posts revealed that firearm manufacturers use social media to attract audiences to websites that sell firearms:
14.1% (131/928; ±2.9) of Twitter posts, 53.6% (228/425; ±6.2) of YouTube videos, and 89.5% (214/239; ±5.1) of YouTube
influencer videos link to websites that facilitate sales. Advertisements included women in efforts to market handguns and pistols
for the purpose of protection: videos with women included protection themes 2.5 times more often than videos without women.
Top manufacturers of domestic firearms received 98 million channel views, compared with 6.1 billion channel views received
by the top 12 YouTube influencers.

Conclusions: Firearm companies use social media as an advertising platform to connect viewers to websites that sell guns. Gun
manufacturers appropriate YouTube servers, video streaming services, and the work of YouTube influencers to reach large
audiences to promote the widespread sale of consumer firearms. YouTube and Twitter subsidize gun advertising by offering
server and streaming services at no cost to gun manufacturers, to the commercial benefit of Google and Twitter’s corporate
ownership.

Re: Study: "Characteristics of Gun Advertisements on Social Media"

Conclusions: nearly all consumer product companies use social media as an advertising platform to connect viewers to websites that sell their products.
Consumer product manufacturers appropriate YouTube servers, video streaming services, and the work of YouTube influencers to reach large
audiences to promote the widespread sale of consumer products. YouTube and Twitter subsidize consumer product advertising by offering
server and streaming services at no cost to consumer product manufacturers, to the commercial benefit of Google and Twitter’s corporate
ownership.
There, I fixed it for them.

Fear is strong. Make someone afraid, then say you'll protect them, they'll give you their money. Then, "I'd like you to do me a favor, though." The favor much of the firearms community asks is "vote for trump." I will not be extorted.

Fear is much stronger than enjoyment. Totally. That is why "shooting stuff is fun" works best in calmer times. Right now fear rules the roost.

I'm thinking thoughts about how the LGC can respond to the pile of first time gun owners who bought out of fear. I love Hickok45, but his vid sucks for first timers. Maybe we should make one.

I really like Colt's emphasis on the grip safety there. That's stuff we can vid about.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:25 am Fear is strong. Make someone afraid, then say you'll protect them, they'll give you their money. Then, "I'd like you to do me a favor, though." The favor much of the firearms community asks is "vote for trump." I will not be extorted.

Fear is much stronger than enjoyment. Totally. That is why "shooting stuff is fun" works best in calmer times. Right now fear rules the roost.

I'm thinking thoughts about how the LGC can respond to the pile of first time gun owners who bought out of fear. I love Hickok45, but his vid sucks for first timers. Maybe we should make one.

I really like Colt's emphasis on the grip safety there. That's stuff we can vid about.

CDFingers
Colt did a mixture. Here is another really great one related to safety.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Last active: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:28 am
new member cegus spent a precious 2 minutes of his (or her) life to post an important message about the virtues of digital media. too bad about the failed sigline spam drop. i thank him for his sacrifice.
eta: wrong, i was wrong, not sigline. link edited in on the 25th
Last edited by lurker on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Cegus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:28 am Don't you think that all of those are a little old now? I mean, if you want something good, it would be wiser through a digital media. All those guns have always been characterized as something bad and something to fear for. I have recently written a post on my Instagram and it’s all about that. Sadly, for me though, because I see guns as something beautiful, something to admire, something so powerful yet so thoughtful. I was even wondering to promote my post, and I’ve actually find one good marketing agency marketingconsultant.com.sg in order to do that, but my project has failed sadly, because of my perpetual lack of time.
spam.JPG
i'm retired. what's your excuse?