Post your links to the latest news.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Two dead in Kenosha protest shooting

Post by Bisbee »

Medic cos-play. -That’s a new one.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

sig230
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by sig230 »

My Pillow money at work.
To be vintage it must be older than me! Coming to you from Deep South Texas!

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

i didn't think medics ordinarily carry rifles.

Wino
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Wino »

Wondering how long before he and his wonderful mom show up in Venezuela or Brazil (latter more friendly to their cause).

Little turd should spend many years behind bars, if not life.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"The greatest threat facing the United States is its own president." David Rothkopf, WaPo

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

If books aren't thrown, something is very wrong.

CDFingers
ImageImage
And if a man among you got no sin upon his hand
let him cast a stone at me for playin' in the band.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

There is a lot of money that can be rallied for causes like Rittenhouse, religious based money that telepreachers have been milking for years.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

highdesert wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:28 am
There is a lot of money that can be rallied for causes like Rittenhouse, religious based money that telepreachers have been milking for years.
For a moment I thought I read "telepoachers"... :roflmao:
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

CDFingers wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 am
something is very wrong.

CDFingers
this much we can be sure of.

wings
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by wings »

Wino wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 am
Wondering how long before he and his wonderful mom show up in Venezuela or Brazil (latter more friendly to their cause).

Little turd should spend many years behind bars, if not life.
Run off to Brazil? Who do you think they are, ex-Confederate slave-owners? They're too scared of "soshulizm" for Venezuela.

Nope. This is Murica. Nowhere else is good enough for them. They think they'll get off. Lots of other people have. Eugene Baylis comes to mind.

Of course, he ended up shot by law enforcement while living out of a white van out in the Book Cliffs of Utah.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

lurker wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:31 am
CDFingers wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 am
something is very wrong.

CDFingers
this much we can be sure of.
Purple county, not going to second guess the jury. The defense could try for a change of venue, but instead of drawing a deep red county the judge could more it to blue Milwaukee County. Imagine with all that defense money that they'll hire a jury selection consultant.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wino
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Wino »

Never know what a jury will do (O.J.), but I'd suspect same - jury nullification. Still, the little turd needs to feel some real pain in his life for taking lives. There was no justification in this case IM Biased O !
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"The greatest threat facing the United States is its own president." David Rothkopf, WaPo

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

Wino wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 am
Never know what a jury will do (O.J.), but I'd suspect same - jury nullification. Still, the little turd needs to feel some real pain in his life for taking lives. There was no justification in this case IM Biased O !
Looks like Rittenhouse will be making the case for self defense, some states determine that before the murder trial, others leave it up to the jury. If they're using a jury consultant, they're probably doing mock presentations before test jurors to determine how to make the strongest case. Wonder if the defense will put Rittenhouse on the stand to testify. Yup, juries aren't quite as predictable as the series "Bull" makes them out to be.

DamnYankee
Been around awhile

Post by DamnYankee »

sig230 wrote:My Pillow money at work.
+ Ricky Schroeder

Or is that basically two pillows?

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

DamnYankee wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:22 pm
sig230 wrote:My Pillow money at work.
+ Ricky Schroeder

Or is that basically two pillows?
"KYLE RITTENHOUSE IS OUT OF JAIL," tweeted Wood on Friday. "God bless ALL who donated to help #FightBack raise required $2M cash bail. Special thanks to Actor Ricky Schroder @rickyshroder1 & Mike Lindell @realMikeLindell for putting us over the top."
https://owww.newsweek.com/tucker-carlso ... se-1549191

Wood is L. Lin Wood, one of Rittenhouse's lawyers. Mike Lindell is the founder of "MyPillow" and Ricky Schroder is the actor Rick Schroder.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

i'm hoping he runs for it and the bail is forfeit, then they catch him in the next state. crossing state lines to avoid prosecution is illegal iirc.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

Of course we know that if he were black, it would never have gotten this far. By now it'd be the funeral.

Disgusting.

CDFingers
ImageImage
And if a man among you got no sin upon his hand
let him cast a stone at me for playin' in the band.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

yes, there's that systemic inequality and privilege again. still.

wings
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by wings »

lurker wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm
i'm hoping he runs for it and the bail is forfeit, then they catch him in the next state. crossing state lines to avoid prosecution is illegal iirc.
I suppose he could just try to go home to Illinois. :)

I suspect the terms of bail allow him to, though. Sure would be a shame if he was caught jaywalking.

DamnYankee
Been around awhile

Post by DamnYankee »

"KYLE RITTENHOUSE IS OUT OF JAIL," tweeted Wood on Friday. "God bless ALL who donated to help #FightBack raise required $2M cash bail...
Beware the blessings of a capricious god, Mr. Wood...doesn’t always work out the way you think it should. Apparently “his” will is supposed to be inscrutable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Post by DispositionMatrix »

On AOC's 'Law and disorder'. A Muslim's perspective
But in the interest of not wasting anyone’s precious time I would like to straight up tell the reader that I am a practicing Muslim AND a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, and the Constitution as a whole. If you are one of those persons who cannot reconcile the fact that someone can be both these things at the same time then this article is not for you and you should go back to your echo chamber. However if you sincerely believe in the diversity of ideas and do really believe that muslims are not a monolith and can have original thoughts of their own, even if those thoughts go against how the pundits believe muslims should think, then I encourage you to read on.

In my opinion, Kyle Rittenhouse should not have been present at the site of the protests in the first place. I do believe he made a really bad judgement which has forever altered the course of his life. At the same time however, just because someone made a bad judgement it does not takes away their God given right to defend their life, by lethal means if necessary. No matter how much it annoys someone, the penalty for a lapse in judgement (the kid is 17, for goodness sake) is not and can not be death. If that standard was applied uniformly, then we would all be dead and animals would inherit this earth. Try to put yourself in the situation where you are confronted by an angry mob, in a poorly lit area after dark, and they are chasing you and throwing things at you. Would you not be scared for your life? I know I would be. This does not mean that I am asking for the charges against him to be dropped. All I am saying is that let the courts figure it out. However he is 100% innocent until and unless pronounced as guilty in a court of law. This should not be a difficult position to take. In fact if you do not believe in this position then you cannot claim to be a champion of criminal justice reform.

I also do respect AOC a lot and nobody can honestly argue that it would have been better for the US House if Joe Crowley was still representing NY’s 14th district. The name itself makes me chuckle since I am a big fan of Supernatural, but I digress. I was really very happy when she won the primary and she has inspired so many people across all races and economic backgrounds to take interest in politics again. Even though I do not agree with all of her policy positions but I firmly believe that she is an honest person and not engaging in bad faith. She is one of the very few politicians that I actually trust.