Mossberg 715T with "live ammo" found in baby shower gift box

Rifle found in a baby bouncer box bought at North Florida Goodwill
CRESTVIEW— A military wife who thought she was buying a Baby Einstein’s bouncer at a local thrift store was surprised to find something else in the box.

Veronica Alvarez-Rodriguez said she was heading to a baby shower Sunday when she stopped at the Goodwill store in Valparaiso.

“It was like the perfect gift for the baby shower,” Alvarez-Rodriguez said.
https://www.facebook.com/veronicagarcia ... 7007381683

Re: Mossberg 715T with "live ammo" found in baby shower gift box

Mossberg 715T is an AR style 22LR, right? In half the country, that would be a gun for a teenager learning to shoot. Why would the cops IN FLORIDA check for permits? That makes zero sense. Goodwill is on the hook for this, I bet.

Rifles & Shotguns in Florida:

Permit to Purchase - NO
Registration of Firearms - NO
Licensing of Owners - NO
Permit to Carry - NO

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/zz/news/ ... a-goodwill
“It was like the perfect gift for the baby shower,” Alvarez-Rodriguez said.

She said the item, which cost $9.99 was unopened and appeared to be new.

After purchasing the gift, they went to the shower in Crestview. Alvarez-Rodriguez said when the father-to-be opened the box, he was very excited.

He shouted, “You guys got me a gun.”

“Goodwill has the best treasures for $9.99,” Alvarez-Rodriguez said.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Mossberg 715T with "live ammo" found in baby shower gift box

atxgunguy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:49 pm
An officer came to the shower and checked their IDs to make sure they had the correct permits to be in possession of a gun.
...In Florida? If news outlets had any clue of how things actually worked. SMH. :hmm:
That was my first thought, it makes me question the whole story. Forget the facts, create an urban legend.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan