Help Request: Carry Holster Advice

Hello! I managed to finally get a conceal-carry weapon. What I'm looking for is advice on what sort of holster to get. I've heard 'get Kydex' I've heard 'avoid universal' from at least one person. But I don't usually wear a belt, or a big coat. I was pondering a belly belt sort of thing, but that falls under 'universal' from the looks of it. I'm limited in my purchase capacity as well, so advice, Amazon links, etc, please. I'm definitely not planning on purse carrying, I want it on my person.

My firearm is an Mossberg MC2c.

Re: Help Request: Carry Holster Advice

Welcome!

Holsters are pretty individual. I personally like kydex for carry as it's slimmer than leather and offers better retention. But it's ugly and likely less comfortable.

I'm not familiar with that gun, but no belt is going to limit your options quite a bit if it has any weight to it. My cell phone is sufficient to sag my pants without a belt, a gun would put them on the floor.

Do you know where on your body you wish to carry? For decent and reasonably priced kydex, Cooks Holster does well. I have a couple.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mc2c/ for the model and stats.

Looking explicitly at a belly band option, I'd like it on the hip. A band has the 'cling' that acts like a belt and gives me options for placement. Wearing a skirt is my general go-to, hence my issues with belt clip holsters and the like. I'd go shoulder if I had a jacket over but pulling from the shoulder is, as i understand, an issue because unless your movements are very deliberate, you're basically flagging anyone behind you when you draw, etc.

I’ve tried everything. What works for me is “dress around the gun.” That includes a sturdy, purpose gun belt and holster. I’m a large dad who doesn’t have hardly ever consider style as I telework most of the time & even large pistols conceal well on me with the right holster and belt & Flannel.

I don’t envy women in their style options for CC. I’m against off-body carry generally, for tactical reasons, but if I was a women I would definitely consider it. If you
Are willing to get a purpose- built CC crossbody bag and keep it on you at all
Times In Public that would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a light gun, so you'll need pretty good support. I've seen gun underwear advertised at Optics Planet, but I expect those would only work with the lightest guns. Yours weighs almost 2 pounds loaded, if I'm reading that right, so I think these would be too ambitious. But I guess you would only know if you try it out...
https://www.opticsplanet.com/undertech- ... horts.html

I'm not a big carry guru, but I'd have considered a single-stack for lighter weight and slimness. I read a comment by a gun shop guy once saying many double-stack customers came back for a single-stack due to the challenge of concealing a thicker gun. (The only gun I've carried is a Bersa Thunder 380CC, which is not the lightest or tiniest but is fairly small. Even that weighs on my belt considerably.)

Have you seen this video and the comments? Might be helpful for deciding if the Philster is the right belt substitute for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxG3aW2cS88

And howdy, since I missed your intro thread!
:welcome:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.