Yet another holster thread

I’ve been looking at holsters and have some arriving by mail to try out. What I’m currently interested in are kydex OWB and IWB. I have some coming from Concealment Express and Urban Carry (that’s a hybrid).

Anyhow, what is like in an OWB is something that’s easy to wear and remove without opening my belt, so paddle system or alternative like Tek-Lok. Something I can quickly grab and put on before walking the dog at night. Any recommendations?

Also, perhaps someone can help me solve a silly problem. In my searches, I was looking at one holster maker that I wanted to return to but lost the web address and can’t recall the name! 🤦🏻‍♂️ The website was pretty primitive (like appeared to be designed 20 years ago) but listed LOTS of specific gun models along the right side. Had the option of Tek-Lok attachment. Anyone recognize that description by chance? LOL.

Re: Yet another holster thread

For OWB, depending on the gun in question, Cabela's sells Bulldog holsters. I have one each for my P365XL, my M&P Shield 9, and my M&P M2.0 compact. They don't seem to offer one to fit my CZ P10S, which is my primary EDC. For that one, I have an Israeli Defense holster that is even better than the Bulldog stuff and about the same price.

All of these are Level II retention, for what that's worth.

When I carry IWB, I'm usually using an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5, which is more comfortable for me than a Kydex wonder like the Muddy River Tactical pieces I tried for AIWB.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

https://remoraholsterstore.com/

I use Remora holster w/full sweat shields for my carries around the house, walking dog. Have used at times while out and about, provided nothing physical - climbing equipment or jump roping (LOL), but for quicky use works fine. Relies on skin and belt/drawstring/good elastic waist band for good retention. Sticky holsters similar product, but I've stayed with Remora. However, since Texas relaxed carry laws I stay with OWB mostly concealed under untucked shirt. I have found Remora very convenient at times. I have them for all my pistols from small to full size.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Nothern, are you thinking of Blade Tech? EDIT: I see you found it was KT

I have an OWB Blade Tech 1911 holster that can use the Tek Lok attachments. I like it a lot- passive retention that is adjustable and holds tight while still allowing a smooth draw.
The Tek-lok attachment is best used for OWB carry if you want the pistol to sit high. You can adjust the cant a bit as well, and it locks onto belts up to 2" wide (just barely fits on an old ALICE era web belt.) It uses an ingenious and removable spacer system to fit to pretty much any belt smaller than 2".
I don't CC since I live in Cali where I might just as well ask for my own personal copy of the nuclear codes as apply for a permit, so most of my carrying is done while hunting or at the range; however I'd imagine that if you were carrying OWB you'd want the gun to sit high and tight, and the Tek-lok certainly does that.

Personally, I use the Bladetech "Duty Drop" attachment on my hunting/range belt, which keeps the holster a little lower on my hip than the regular Tek-lok attachment; this is much better for the crouching and crawling that often happens while hunting. But the Tek-lok attachment is used for all kinds of things on my rigs, including kydex knife sheaths and for attaching mag pouches like the G-Code.
I also have an IMR brand holster for my CZ75b that I like a lot. It uses a similar system as the Tek lok but with a proprietary "ratchet" retainer that makes it incompatible with other attachment systems. Cool holster though, with level 2 retention. They sent me a paddle attachment as a bonus and I hated it, but YMMV. I use the IMR version of the "Duty Drop" on that holster as well.
Maybe that helps?
-Crow
Minute Of Average

What kind of handgun are you looking for?

I've had several Bladetechs & Safariland paddle holsters and found the Safariland superior. Safariland 560, is the model. As I've stated, in other threads I had a 1911 fall out of a Bladetech holster at a restaurant. The quality of them has gone down in the last 5 years, as they used to be excellent.

I've also had & made holsters with tek-locs; they are a bit less convenient than a paddle & don't seem to provide as mush support for a handgun - IMO they are better for mags, accessories, etc.

Northern wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 am Interesting. How does the remora attach — it looks like a flexible panel.
My Remora's are the standard no flap or attachment. It goes between your pants waist and bare skin and will stay where you put it - nothing sticky, just non-skid material. You can use it with undershirt, but better against skin than material.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

BearPaws wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:43 pm Wino, that Remora holster is intriguing! And CHEAP compared to many I've seen.
I'm a satisfied Remora customer. My EDC rest in it with all my pocket stuff when home and for checking mail , walking or whatever in my Pooky pants, shorts or sweats. I'll leather holster when out for the day.

Anyone here carry revolvers IWB? I was planning on just doing my snubnose pocket carry, but figured I would get an IWB just to try out and test and I have to say that I do not like it at all. To be at all comfortable it has to sit super dep, it prints like crazy, just all around no good, which is a shame because it is a really nice leather holster. At first I thought it was either just me or just the holster because carrying my semi-auto is almost unnoticeable, but in comparing widths I do see (expectedly) that the revolver has about an additional inch of width to it, so of course that would add to printing, discomfort, etc.

Just curious if anyone does this successfully and I just need to keep at it and get used to it, or if revolvers are overall no bueno for IWB and I should just stick with pocket.

keenanmj85 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 am Anyone here carry revolvers IWB? I was planning on just doing my snubnose pocket carry, but figured I would get an IWB just to try out and test and I have to say that I do not like it at all. To be at all comfortable it has to sit super dep, it prints like crazy, just all around no good, which is a shame because it is a really nice leather holster. At first I thought it was either just me or just the holster because carrying my semi-auto is almost unnoticeable, but in comparing widths I do see (expectedly) that the revolver has about an additional inch of width to it, so of course that would add to printing, discomfort, etc.

Just curious if anyone does this successfully and I just need to keep at it and get used to it, or if revolvers are overall no bueno for IWB and I should just stick with pocket.
I both pocket and IWB carry revolvers; J-frames for pocket, and up to N-frames for IWB.

I’ve found that the real secret for comfortably pocket carrying a snub revolver is having fairly loose fitting pants; fortunately, that’s my preferred style. A thinner holster that breaks up the outline is also helpful; I mainly use a Sticky now.