Very strange ad

Appeared in an article I was reading about the Arkansas police chief out of a job because he let his inner racist-homophobe-misogynist-trump out on social media.

This is the ad:
Screenshot_2020-11-09-19-01-05_kindlephoto-1043202233.png
Screenshot_2020-11-09-19-01-05_kindlephoto-1043202233.png (80.88 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
Can't figure out what the suggested prey is in this...? Seems a bit weird. Military helicopters? Really?

The article:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/po ... d=BingNews

Now then...I don't hunt. But, I've always understood hunting at night was not allowed. Have I been mistaken?
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Re: Very strange ad

around y2k i owned a night vision scope (not a rifle scope) derived from russian military tech wrapped up in commercial packaging and branding. fairly grainy and useless, got rid of it somewhere. now and again i long for decent night vision to see what's creeping around in my yard or shed at 2 a.m. last month it was a possum.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Well if it's acceptable to blast away at the flights of 5 or 6 Chinooks that buzz my house at anywhere from treetop to 500 feet because they're too fucking lazy to climb to the required altitude...

I'll tell my trumper neighbor that the internet said it was okay. If there's anything left in the smoldering hole when they finish with him, I'll move it so the deer passing through don't trip.
We Are So Screwed

wings wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:29 pm Just a great thread overall.

I inherited one of those Russian night-vision optic thingies. Quickly decided that a high power flashlight was far more practical.
true, except the night vision doesn't give away your position.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

CDFingers wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:01 am I believe in TX feral pigs are hunted from copters at night with infrared optics.

CDFiingers
Really? I thought it was only people wading across the Rio Grande looking to pick fruit for pennies to feed their children who were hunted at night by helicopter.
We Are So Screwed

rolandson wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:17 pm
CDFingers wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:01 am I believe in TX feral pigs are hunted from copters at night with infrared optics.

CDFiingers
Really? I thought it was only people wading across the Rio Grande looking to pick fruit for pennies to feed their children who were hunted at night by helicopter.
The pigs one is legal--saw it in a hunting magazine. The other doesn't show up in the magazines I browse for archery gear.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack