Thoughts on Holosun 510C RDS?

Not technically a red dot (it's green), but I'm strongly leaning towards this:

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_page ... ucts_id=63

Has a 65MOA ring, which I really prefer for home defense. 2moa dot option (better than 4 moa for longer range). It has a lot of flexibility, solar backup, super long battery life, shake awake, comes with a QD mount, and you don't have to take it off to change the battery.

I love EoTechs because of their reticle, but they are bulky and a bit overpriced for what you get. Vortex has a lot of good options, but no 65 MOA rings. I have another Holosun and it's been infallible. That said, I have only had problems with one lower budget RDS, and they replaced it free of charge.

I wanted to see if there was anything I might be missing, because this seems like a fantastic option with a ton of versatility.

It comes with a lifetime warranty, but it's not transferable, and doesn't quite look as good as Vortex's. Other than that, I think it hits all the buttons for me.

Anyone else have any other suggestions, thoughts, or just want to ramble? Not looking to replace the other RDS thread, but I'm more interested in what the ideal features are and if anyone has specific experience with this Holosun model.

Re: Thoughts on Holosun 510C RDS?

What are you putting it on? Rifle?

I had an Eotech. Loved the dot/ring thing but hated the not always on thing, so sold it. If it had been always on, it would have been perfect for home defense. My experience with the "shake awake" on the Leopold optics I have has been excellent. That looks like a good unit but don't have any direct experience. Looking forward to your review! :)

Re: Thoughts on Holosun 510C RDS?

featureless wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:06 pm What are you putting it on? Rifle?

I had an Eotech. Loved the dot/ring thing but hated the not always on thing, so sold it. If it had been always on, it would have been perfect for home defense. My experience with the "shake awake" on the Leopold optics I have has been excellent. That looks like a good unit but don't have any direct experience. Looking forward to your review! :)
Still working out what it will go on, but most likely something in 9mm or .45 acp pistol carbine for home defense and all around for training, to take on trips, etc. I'm looking to build my "go-to" set up. I'm trying to pare down a bit and get platforms that work together; same mags/calibers, although often not same manual of arms.

I definitely like the always on and motion-activated features of this holosun and the other I already have. The main problem for me is the one I have is a 2 MOA dot which I don't like for home defense or anything under 50 meters really.