Phone Skope/Digiscoping?

After getting hooked on precision rifles last year and looking at stuff to shoot a long ways off, I wanted to photograph and video stuff during shooting sessions. So I just ordered a Skoped Vision Riflescope adapter and a mount for my Samsung Galaxy S6 from Phone Skope:

https://www.phoneskope.com/

Anyone else have any experience with Digiscoping?

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: Phone Skope/Digiscoping?

I've been digiscoping with my spotting scope for a number of years now- I switched to one of the Celestron mounts after changing phones and not having one for my new phone available by the phoneskope people, but definitely not a solution for a rifle scope. Will be interested to see how you like this particular setup- I still don't have a compatible phone so wouldn't look at this.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

That is really cool!

Fascitously, If you get an electric trigger and close the loop in your phone with a little AI app that looks at your image of the target, wind flags, etc. and gets atmospheric conditions from the web, you could go completely autonomous and sip cappuccino while the rifle does the rest.

I ordered the Skoped Vision rifle scope unit from Midway USA - it'll be here Thursday. I had to order the phone plate/adapter direct from Phone Skope and it hasn't shipped yet but the price was right. Probably not in stock at a retailer because it's for a Samsung Galaxy S6 and they are "old" as in out of production and superseded so finding accessories for them is getting tough.

I'll shoot some pix/movies thru it when I get t figured out. Should be pretty cool.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.