Re: These are some of my favorite things

rolandson wrote:
MilSurpFreak wrote:Just a few of my favorites.
fav things col.jpg
what year is that p-bass?
I bought it in 1987.

commandZee wrote:

fav things col.jpg

Wait... :lol:
fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns
That's.........disturbing. Unfortunately I've seen that one before too. I was hoping it had been purged from my memory. Thanks for reintroducing it. :sick:
The reason I set everything on the bed is its the only open space that large in the house that's not occupied with something else.

wlewisiii wrote:
Nice old Commodore. I miss the C128 & A500 I had once upon a time...

Thanks. They're great machines. I really wanted a C64 back in the 80's but since it was $50 more I ended up with a TI99/4A instead. I've made up for it in spades since then. 8-) Got a bunch of stuff now I never could have afforded back then, including a C128D and A500. You should replace the ones you lost. Look on Ebay. I've gotten a lot of classic computers and game systems from there. The Atari 2600 in the pic is my original one from 1980. Still works great and I use it regularly.
"Time is the fire in which we burn"

MilSurpFreak wrote: Thanks. They're great machines. I really wanted a C64 back in the 80's but since it was $50 more I ended up with a TI99/4A instead. I've made up for it in spades since then. 8-) Got a bunch of stuff now I never could have afforded back then, including a C128D and A500. You should replace the ones you lost. Look on Ebay. I've gotten a lot of classic computers and game systems from there. The Atari 2600 in the pic is my original one from 1980. Still works great and I use it regularly.
I definitely dig the old Commodore and was stoked when someone bought the brandname to re-release. You can actually get a reasonably specced desktop built into one of the old C64 boxes for a not (completely) insane price. http://www.commodoreusa.net/cusa_c64.aspx\
Nostalgia is a powerful market force...

Also... :love: Swedish metal....many many internets awarded in your favor.
Batman sighed and replied, "Wow...OK, well, I guess I need to start taking a look at his newsletters."

bokudo wrote:
MilSurpFreak wrote: Thanks. They're great machines. I really wanted a C64 back in the 80's but since it was $50 more I ended up with a TI99/4A instead. I've made up for it in spades since then. 8-) Got a bunch of stuff now I never could have afforded back then, including a C128D and A500. You should replace the ones you lost. Look on Ebay. I've gotten a lot of classic computers and game systems from there. The Atari 2600 in the pic is my original one from 1980. Still works great and I use it regularly.
I definitely dig the old Commodore and was stoked when someone bought the brandname to re-release. You can actually get a reasonably specced desktop built into one of the old C64 boxes for a not (completely) insane price. http://www.commodoreusa.net/cusa_c64.aspx\
Nostalgia is a powerful market force...

Also... :love: Swedish metal....many many internets awarded in your favor.

It would be cool to have one of those new C64's. I'm sure it will become a collectors item in the future.

Yeah, Sweden definitely has spawned some damn good metal; Opeth, Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember, Dissection and especially Bathory. That band not only founded the classic Black Metal sound but Viking Metal as well. Quorthon died far too young. I imagine all of the additional epic metal he would have created otherwise.

Ara wrote:
wlewisiii wrote:Calvin, Beowulf, a shiv, a 1911 & bourbon. You'll fit in well here ;) Tried their Rye yet? Good stuff for Manhattans...
that shiv: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ek_Commando_Knife_Co.

:D
Double-edged knives are a no-no in Texas. I guess I don't stab enough people to rationalize spending nearly $300 on a sweeeeet blade anyway.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Simmer down wrote:Double-edged knives are a no-no in Texas. I guess I don't stab enough people to rationalize spending nearly $300 on a sweeeeet blade anyway.
last I checked, it was just a restriction on length (under 5.5") and no switchblades etc... did they change it?

and yea, the new Ek knives are awesome... I'd love to get a new one to go with mine from the 40s, but the price is a bit prohibitive
The H is for Hand.

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... ard#p20942
Summary of Texas weapons that are banned.

I couldn't find an an appeal I read before of a guilty finding that asked if a knife was double-edged if one side was only sharped just a little. The appeal reminded the guilty knife owner that NO double edge is OK, even if it the second side was only sharpened an inch or less.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Ara wrote:
Simmer down wrote:Double-edged knives are a no-no in Texas. I guess I don't stab enough people to rationalize spending nearly $300 on a sweeeeet blade anyway.
last I checked, it was just a restriction on length (under 5.5") and no switchblades etc... did they change it?

and yea, the new Ek knives are awesome... I'd love to get a new one to go with mine from the 40s, but the price is a bit prohibitive
Neat blades. But if I were to drop big money on a knife, this is the one I want:

http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.ph ... tail&id=24

Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

wlewisiii wrote:
Ara wrote:

Neat blades. But if I were to drop big money on a knife, this is the one I want:

http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.ph ... tail&id=24

Looks like it should last. Nice for throwing too. But not for PRACTICING throwing.
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

larrymod wrote:Yeah, this could be the start of a tradition on this forum. Call it "stream-of-consciousness and Tourette's syndrome comes to photographic composition".

I'm not much of a photographer either, but I'm looking forward to giving this a try.
I made it a sticky
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

commandZee wrote:
MilSurpFreak wrote:Actually a D'K Tahg is Klingon.
Ah... Thanks, I learned something new. I was coming from a different part of the Comic-Con nerd spectrum.

Anyhow, I think its possible that the prop designer may have been influenced buy the Kurgan sword hilt.

Actually Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, wherein the D'K Tahg made it's first appearance was released in 1984. Highlander came out in 1986 so it's probably the other way around as far as one influencing the other. They're both pretty damn cool though. I'd like to have an example of the two of them in my collection.
I think it's cool that you remembered that specific blade from Highlander. I watched that one again recently and didn't make the connection. Nerds unite. :cylon:

MilSurpFreak wrote:
commandZee wrote:
MilSurpFreak wrote:Actually a D'K Tahg is Klingon.
Ah... Thanks, I learned something new. I was coming from a different part of the Comic-Con nerd spectrum.

Anyhow, I think its possible that the prop designer may have been influenced buy the Kurgan sword hilt.

Actually Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, wherein the D'K Tahg made it's first appearance was released in 1984. Highlander came out in 1986 so it's probably the other way around as far as one influencing the other. They're both pretty damn cool though. I'd like to have an example of the two of them in my collection.
I think it's cool that you remembered that specific blade from Highlander. I watched that one again recently and didn't make the connection. Nerds unite. :cylon:
Thanks. Learned something new again- about Star Trek and how to use that ninja turtle cylon emoticon.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
-Abraham Lincoln

rolandson wrote:I don't know how to describe this, there are a couple here who will 'get' instantly what I mean...
Super - Front Right.jpg
The smell.

I don't know what it is exactly, but from the day it was made (40+ years ago) these things generate a very distinctive
aroma whenever they are fired up...that has never changed.

So as I sat through my weekly ritual of powering this, and its little sibling, up to keep the
filter caps charged, the aroma caught me and I thought of this as one of my very favorite things.
I know exactly what you mean. BTW, nice avatar pic, looks just like my sunburst Strat which is one of my favorite things!