Re: These are some of my favorite things

Simmer down wrote:
beaurrr wrote:Here's one of my favorite thingies:
What caliber and make?
Colt, 1958 vintage, .45lc, 7.5 barrel. Also have elephant ivories. Let it run this weekend. Wrist is sore.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Nope. I'm still in love.

Might have been giving a warning that the New Vaqueros are not fit for "Ruger only" loads listed in manuals, which refer to the larger framed revolvers. Maybe it was my unhappiness with the "horn" grips I had on it when I discovered they were plastic, but that has nothing to do with anything but the weasels at Eagle Grips.

Glad to hear it. But.........I believe you said, "I meant the whole frame-mounted firing pin bit of the 3rd gen. Might as well have a New Vaquero.
I guess I thought that sounded a tad disparaging. No matter, though. Any friend of a wheelgun is a friend of mine.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

beaurrr wrote:Glad to hear it. But.........I believe you said, "I meant the whole frame-mounted firing pin bit of the 3rd gen. Might as well have a New Vaquero.
I guess I thought that sounded a tad disparaging. No matter, though. Any friend of a wheelgun is a friend of mine.
Ahh, no, I was disparaging the later Colts that are pricey only because of the name. If the firing pin isn't on the hammer, no reason not to have the rest of the modern engineering.

Fukshot wrote:
beaurrr wrote:Glad to hear it. But.........I believe you said, "I meant the whole frame-mounted firing pin bit of the 3rd gen. Might as well have a New Vaquero.
Ahh, no, I was disparaging the later Colts that are pricey only because of the name. If the firing pin isn't on the hammer, no reason not to have the rest of the modern engineering.
Sigh. They are still Colts, and I still love them. And they still command ridiculous sums (ask me how I know). I, however, exclude my love from those early third gen SAAs because of their reputed shoddy fit and finish. But, as far as the firing pin, all SAAs have the hammer-mounted firing pin. But, I know you already knew that. Did I understand your point?
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

beaurrr wrote:
Fukshot wrote:
Sigh. They are still Colts, and I still love them. And they still command ridiculous sums (ask me how I know). I, however, exclude my love from those early third gen SAAs because of their reputed shoddy fit and finish. But, as far as the firing pin, all SAAs have the hammer-mounted firing pin. But, I know you already knew that. Did I understand your point?
Yep. Why do I keep thinking they made some with frame mounted pins? Am I thinking of another model?

curtism1234 wrote:

I had to pick some items that fit in the picture. But among my favorites are the hockey player Al MacINNIS, the first gun I got and still my fav which is a single shot 20ga, 80's hair bands, and very unique beer.
What no pics of strippers?
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw