Happy St Paddy's Day 2023

As usual, Chicago dyed the Chicago River green.
Dyeing the river is a longtime tradition. It started in 1962 by representatives of the Journeymen Plumbers Local Union 130. It’s happened almost every year since then, though the display disappeared in 2020 due to the pandemic. It made a surprise reappearance in 2021.
https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/03/11 ... -day-2023/

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Happy St Paddy's Day 2023

It's Lent and traditionally Fridays are meatless in the Catholic Church. Funny that the Catholic archbishop of Galveston-Houston is allowing parishioners there to eat meat as is the Catholic archbishop of Boston, but not the Catholic archbishop of Chicago.
https://abc7chicago.com/catholic-church ... /12957802/

Enjoy sig230 !
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sig230 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:08 am Corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes all ready and waiting.
I started early and have been gorging on corned beef, cabbage, Irish potatoes and Guinness Stout for three days ! :drunklep:
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:41 pm
sig230 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:08 am Corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes all ready and waiting.
I started early and have been gorging on corned beef, cabbage, Irish potatoes and Guinness Stout for three days ! :drunklep:
Ah Guinness Stout, liquid velvet.

For the record, real beer is brown or amber. Just sayin'.

My town, Chico, CA, forced Chico State University to make Spring Break in the same week as St. Patrick's Day because too many students would get drunk by 6:30 am and rampage about the town upsetting apple carts and extinguishing the bridge lamps. So it's very quiet today.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Two reasons for libations for me . Today was match day for Residency Programs @ University of Wisconsin - Madison. My youngest son matched his # 1 choice the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI !
The kids turning into a true Wisconsinite. Now if he can get his dad tickets to a packers game...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:19 pm Congrats to your son.
Thanks TT. He's worked his ass off. We offered him a reward like money but it looks like we're all going to go chill on a beach on some remote island after graduation.
Seems like they do things arse backwards with the matching prior to graduation. But he did pass so what do I know. I'm just a happy dad.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Indeed tonguengroover, congrats to your young lad for his accomplishment. I'm assuming this is a medical residency? If so, then that residency will serve him well. U of Wisconsin is a fine medical school and center.

St. Patrick's Day always will have an extra, and very special, meaning for me. It was March 17, several years ago, when the woman who would become my wife sat me down and told me of her romantic interest in me, much to my utter and complete surprise. I'd had no idea she liked me in that way as well. She was fully expecting to be rejected, albeit in a tactful, gentlemanly manner. That did not happen; rather, we kissed, and that was the start of my romantic relationship with my friend, much to our mutual benefit.

So, I'm taking her out this evening for a nice dinner. That is one of two anniversaries that we hold very special, the other of course being the day of our wedding.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:49 pm Two reasons for libations for me . Today was match day for Residency Programs @ University of Wisconsin - Madison. My youngest son matched his # 1 choice the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI !
The kids turning into a true Wisconsinite. Now if he can get his dad tickets to a packers game...
Congrats to your son TNG ! IIRC the Medical College of Wisconsin used to be the medical school of Marquette University, don't know why they separated. What's his specialty area?

CowboyT wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:11 pm Indeed tonguengroover, congrats to your young lad for his accomplishment. I'm assuming this is a medical residency? If so, then that residency will serve him well. U of Wisconsin is a fine medical school and center.

St. Patrick's Day always will have an extra, and very special, meaning for me. It was March 17, several years ago, when the woman who would become my wife sat me down and told me of her romantic interest in me, much to my utter and complete surprise. I'd had no idea she liked me in that way as well. She was fully expecting to be rejected, albeit in a tactful, gentlemanly manner. That did not happen; rather, we kissed, and that was the start of my romantic relationship with my friend, much to our mutual benefit.

So, I'm taking her out this evening for a nice dinner. That is one of two anniversaries that we hold very special, the other of course being the day of our wedding.
Happy Anniversary CT and enjoy your evening.