My Puppy Ate My Homework!

Today was the almost-birthday of our puppy and his 12 siblings. Some were born on the 23rd, and some on the 24th. So, today, being Sunday, the foster mom who fostered the mom through the whelping gave a birthday party for the dogs. I think there were 8 of the 13--not sure.

It was a blast! They all seemed (mostly) to recognize each other and were, for the most part, very well behaved. But there were Red Tick Coon Hounds EVERYWHERE! Two of them are mostly white with some brown spots--the rest appear tan with some white underneath. The males were significantly bigger than the bitches, and had mostly VERY different behavior patterns although one bitch, "Betty Crocker" took no shit from the boys. (no kidding--the "bakers dozen" all originally have baking company names, our boy had been "Keebler"--there had been "Drake", "King Arthur", "Pillsbury", etc--most had changed names).

The owners all seemed to enjoy it as well, but the dogs did. Ours liked to be the leader in "Follow the Leader". Here's our guy in an unusual serious pose as a "serious" hunter, just for the foster mom's camera! The rest of the time he was a total goofball!
Kenji.jpg
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: My Puppy Ate My Homework!

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm I like dogs and maybe three people.
There's my wife, and my 2 sons--that's my three!

I also like cats--when they are not a stinkin', rotten, destructive, orange pain in the ass who tortures his sweet "brother cat" just for fun.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Back in the mid to late 1960s I was living in Southern California designing new cable TV systems. One of the people at work raised Saint Bernards and there was a litter just about the time that their new son turned two. There were several other families with toddlers as well so as a birthday party they emptied the garage, baked a couple cakes that they put on the garage floor and then turned the whole herd of few weeks old Saint Bernard puppies and one and two year old kids loose.

Mayhem and fun and mess and crying and laughing ensued.

Then they gathered up all the kids and put them in a little inflatable kiddy pool with the puppies and hosed garage, kids and puppies down.

Kids may not remember it but the parents and guests certainly do.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am Back in the mid to late 1960s I was living in Southern California designing new cable TV systems. One of the people at work raised Saint Bernards and there was a litter just about the time that their new son turned two. There were several other families with toddlers as well so as a birthday party they emptied the garage, baked a couple cakes that they put on the garage floor and then turned the whole herd of few weeks old Saint Bernard puppies and one and two year old kids loose.

Mayhem and fun and mess and crying and laughing ensued.

Then they gathered up all the kids and put them in a little inflatable kiddy pool with the puppies and hosed garage, kids and puppies down.

Kids may not remember it but the parents and guests certainly do.

Sounds like fun! Until we were about 6, I and the boy next door had joint b'day parties as he was 3 days younger (still is, of course!) At that time, Marty wanted his own, which was less convenient for our moms but better for him. I actually didn't know until then that we weren't born on the same day in 1955. So I entered my teens in the late 60's...and seem SO old to the kids today, especially my 16 year old!