Reenergizing My Psyche

Went on up to see a friend in Sedona with the wife and beast. I needed a break, especially from politics. Thought these pics might help calm the nerves.

Definitely hit some vortex's up Secret Canyon Trail, west fork.

Also found out a good place to stash the AR in my wife's new Palisade. Can you be enlightened while in possession of a gun? Answer is yes.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
sedona.jpg
sedona6.jpg
sedona5.jpg

Re: Reenergizing My Psyche

That's an obviously viscous dog who'd likely wag you to death as look at you.

I also go out into the natural world for rejuvenation. I have this herd of turkeys I visit a couple times a week on a sunrise bike ride. They hang out with these two old horses in a pasture full of weeds and bugs--turkey heaven. Two adults and a dozen or so little ones, with one trying to fan out with his new little tail. Pretty cool. It does create a welcome perspective.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Sedona is beautiful, with its striped red rocks. IIRC the speed limit on the main street was 15 mph and cops everywhere pulling people over for speeding, the last time I was there. The McCain's ranch is in that area.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Sedona is pretty, but a bit too touristy for me now. Been going there since the early 60's, boy has it changed!

Nowadays we trek to Jerome more, with it's natural limits on civilization due to the mountainside.

Always eat at the Haunted Hamburger as well, all you travelers.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

I graduated from Verde Valley School, just outside Oak Creek, back when Sedona was just a wide spot in the highway. Went back for my 30th reunion some years ago and was practically in tears over how everyplace was crammed with zillion-dollar homes.
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Yes, Clifford dog was very popular along the shops, every other person wanted to pet him. He approves.
We tend to stay away from the touristy places and hang out at the friends house that is just below elephant butte. And we do a lot of hiking.
I didn't see one cop, kind of unusual.
The center pic (first set of pics) is Oak creek down at the L'Auberge de Sedona hotel. Nice little cabins and pet friendly. West Fork is a tributary to Oak Creek. The trail is relatively flat with 13 or so crossings of the creek. It started storming before we hit the 12 crossing so we turned around. There was a cool crazy storm the night before that left plenty of hail.
Anyway, it's a quick 3 hour drive from Tucson.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
20210930_104137_resized.jpg

Llew wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:49 pm I graduated from Verde Valley School, just outside Oak Creek, back when Sedona was just a wide spot in the highway. Went back for my 30th reunion some years ago and was practically in tears over how everyplace was crammed with zillion-dollar homes.
Back in '66 dad took us up in his new Lemans. Got lost off a side road for hours. Hardly anything back then cept some cabins and a few motels. But yeah, the place is really very built up.

Jerome is a neat old mining town perched on the side of the mountain. I made the mistake of continuing on 89A to Prescott and that is a scary narrow highway that just drops off the side of the mountain without barriers. I was driving an SUV but not a huge one.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Is Sedona still the Woo Woo capital of the world?/ Along with crystals, UFO's, Wiccans, et al??
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Beautiful shots of Sedona. The pics of the recently wet wash was stunning reminder of the power of nature. Thanks for sharing.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi