Re: How’s the weather

I hadn't seen the graphic in so long, I was temporarily dumbfounded--the little cloud with droplets falling from it. Tuesday is predicted to enjoy just under a half inch, then five days later another inch and a half. I predict zero flooding up here. Maybe the little creek two blocks away will begin to trickle. Looking forward to it.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Wet and very cool. In the last week we have had 3.18 inches of rain and avg. temp of 56 degrees. Fall is here.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The rain on Tuesday for us won't even make a puddle--it will soak in even on the bare fire-scarred slopes. The inch and more will make puddles, but I hope no slides. It's a great interval between storms so things can soak real deep.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

We had two thunder storms over the last few weeks, the last one knocked out power for about 2 hrs. Days are in the 60s or low 70s and nights in the 30s or 40s, more like winter weather here. Morning walks are cold, I wear a winter coat. Deserts get very cold, we just don't have the snow like the Midwest or East Coasts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Cold this morning in the upper 20s low 30s, it's 35F now. Remnants of a big storm is moving east, saw where Arizona posted freeze warnings. We're expecting another big storm next week with snow forecasted for the mountains.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

was cloudy and early spring like. Sun is now starting to peak through the clouds. Forecast of thunderstorms tomorrow.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Today cloudy with a forecast of possible severe thunderstorms with hail, and possible tornadoes. Should end by 5 pm then a cold front arrives.

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:43 am Today cloudy with a forecast of possible severe thunderstorms with hail, and possible tornadoes. Should end by 5 pm then a cold front arrives.
SATX on tip end of this front and not expected to see much rain, but may see some severe weather in the form of winds and possible tornadoes. This morn is misty - just enough to make things nasty out.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Storm spun through here got a few inches of snow on the mountain. Nothing in the valley to speak of.
Snow is good!
Jacket weather today 60s low 40s. Time to switch out the .380 to my SP101 38/357.
I love jacket weather.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

At least one person was killed and multiple people are missing after tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas late Friday, damaging homes and knocking out power for thousands as officials launch search and rescue efforts. The person who died was in McCurtain County in southeastern Oklahoma, which suffered significant storm damage after a possible tornado hit the city of Idabel, county emergency manager Cody McDaniel said. There are “multiple missing people,” he said. Late Friday, authorities were trying to determine the extent of damages and injuries, McDaniel said, adding, “It’s not good.”
In Texas near the state’s border with Oklahoma, at least 50 homes were damaged or destroyed in Lamar County as of Friday evening, the sheriff’s office said. Tornado warnings were in effect in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri Friday night, meaning tornadoes were reported to be on the ground or indicated by weather radar. The weather service recommends residents in warning areas to move to a safe like a basement or interior room. A preliminary accounting Friday evening from the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center shows nine tornadoes formed in Texas, four in Arkansas and one in Oklahoma.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/05/weather/ ... index.html

Hope there a no more casualties.

A big storm rolled in, supposed to get some rain today and tomorrow and snow in the mountains. It's probably a 50/50 possibility as usual with weather forecasts. Looks like it will head northeast to NV, UT and WY.

The storm that blew threw yesterday was an ugly one. Some rain but a lot of wind, the power and cable went out twice while I was watching the election returns. The winds blew all last night and a lot of the moisture it dropped evaporated, so we're back to almost zero.