Re: How’s the weather

Temp Great today and tomorrow. Then Friday cold front and highs in the 50s for all next week.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Had the first freeze of the season. dropped to 31 degrees. Clear skies and now 38 degrees.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Buffalo and western NY is really getting shit on with all the snow. Not fun now, but it's water in their rivers and reservoirs for the rest of the year. Tough at Thanksgiving time with all the travel.

Really cold here, in the low 20s this morning with a predicted high of maybe 60F today probably closer to 50F. Not quite La Nina weather as forecasted, it's dry but not warm.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yup we're weather wimps in CA, especially those of us in Southern California. Our brothers and sisters to the north and east are better used to 30F and below zero weather than we are, but we're better at above 100F temps. I just have to get my blood from the consistency of water to the consistency of a heavy chowder. :)
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Federal water managers on Monday warned California cities and industrial users receiving water from the Central Valley Project to prepare for a fourth year of drought and possibly “extremely limited water supply” during 2023.

The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, an agency of the Interior Department, said drought conditions in California have persisted despite early storms this month and warned of looming water conservation actions.

The agency said water storage is near historic lows in the reservoirs it oversees in the state, which supply water to the vast agricultural region of the Central Valley and major urban centers in the Greater Sacramento and San Francisco Bay areas.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/28/us-warn ... -year.html

Well, we're scheduled to get nearly two inches over the next week. I'll report if I see any standing water, as it has quite a bit of soaking to do to make a puddle up here. How dry is it up here? Vermouth has been banned in town. It's been so dry my old cat has begun using wet wipes to bathe.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

High in the low 50Fs today, lows in the 30Fs tonight. It was a very brisk walk this morning, 35F. Hope things are improving in Houston, heard they were under a "boil water" order.

We just don't have much water in CA and soon that will start affecting grocery prices even more and we'll start losing more agriculture.

That was quite a Pacific storm, it's still moving east. Rain on Sunday, which turned into ice on Monday and never got above 30F yesterday. Dipped into the low 20s overnight and still in the 20s now. The Sierras and Rockies should get a lot of snow, won't cure the drought but every little bit helps.

We got a glorious couple inches, bringing us to "normal" for this month. We have a long way to go, but I love it anyway. Even froze last night, killing the mosquitoes--so it goes.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Fast moving front brought heavy rain and tornadoes. All quiet now. No damage in my area.

27F down here, winter still isn't officially here but it's fucking cold. I know we're wimps compared to people in the Midwest and Northeast who experience REAL winter, that is below zero temps.

Temps tumbling down as a cold blast from Canada sweeps down through the Midwest and East. They're calling it a "bomb cyclone" blizzard. Stay safe and warm, of course that means consuming a few adult beverages.

Abbott/ERCOT best not screw us Texans again. We're headed into the teens Friday thru Xmas Monday. Damn shame Russia can't control their damned Siberian cold. LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:09 pm They are forecasting single digit temps for the lows on Xmas.
SATX is on the fringe of this surge. You guys get pretty much full Monty. Stay warm and merry Xmas.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.