Re: How’s the weather

75 degrees and just had half inch of rain,. so humidity will be up.Forecast high of 91.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

featureless wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:34 pm 101. And the fucking power is out again. No reason given. Loves me the sound of a generator, I say through clenched teeth.

Frustrating, must feel like a 3rd World Country. No shutoffs so far this summer in my area, but we haven't had the Santa Ana's yet and the fires they usually start.

High here expected to be 99F today, only cooling to mid 70s at night.

Flex Alert for this afternoon into this evening.
https://www.caiso.com/Documents/Flex-Al ... Supply.pdf
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yes, home to Apple, Google, Facebook...doubt power outages bother them, they probably have miles of generators under their HQs to keep their a/c and equipment purring along. Cal ISO extended that flex alert for another day because of high temps across the state.
https://www.caiso.com/Documents/Flex-Al ... n-West.pdf
"Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me.
To paraphrase Fitzgerald, they have more money and generators.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:13 pm
highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 pm "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me." To paraphrase Fitzgerald, they have more money and generators.
and can hire mercenaries to defend them.
Yes, those damn Hessians !

Thursday and Friday were overcast and yesterday afternoon the clouds let lose, I was downtown and streets flooded everywhere. It came down so heavy it was like someone was beating on the roof of my car. Just light rain in my area.

We're getting the smoke from the south central California fires, so is LA. The fires are in Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks home to the oldest and largest trees in the world. Firefighters wrapped the base of the General Sherman the largest tree in the world with aluminum.

The fire complex in Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks has burned over 30,000 acres. Kings Canyon is home to the General Grant, the second largest sequoia tree. Sequoias are magnificent trees. https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story ... 823798001/
Last edited by highdesert on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moments ago I was sitting in an Adirondack with binoculars, a beer on the arm, watching birds in the bath beneath the pecan tree. Leaves are falling from it, though only a few other species are showing color changes. I love this time of year. Yellow finches the size of ping pong balls. Cat getting that under fur fur. Put a pound or two on myself, for winter, I says.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Winter weather, ongoing drought conditions and even the remainder of hurricane season will see impacts from a recent cooling of sea surface temperatures in the Pacific.

La Niña conditions -- the opposite phase of El Niño -- have emerged in the tropical Pacific Ocean over the past month, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Climate Prediction Center said Thursday. La Niña typically brings conditions that are wetter and cooler than average to the Pacific Northwest and northern Plains, especially during the winter.

In contrast, La Niña means drier and warmer-than-average conditions usually prevail in the South. This could mean the drought-stricken Southwest will likely stay dry. (La Niña also was present last winter and worsened the drought situation across the West and Southwest.)

The Southeast is also typically drier during a La Niña winter, though before the season starts, it increases the possibility for tropical weather, including hurricanes.
"La Niña is anticipated to affect temperature and precipitation across the United States during the upcoming months," the center said as it issued a La Niña advisory Thursday, predicting conditions are present and expected to remain.

NOAA will release its winter outlook October 21, and the presence of La Niña is expected to weigh heavily in the forecast for the season. The prediction center put the odds near 90% that La Niña would be in place through the winter of 2021-2022.
Both La Niña and El Niño occur every three to five years on average, according to NOAA.
At the start of this hurricane season, seasonal forecasters said to look out for La Niña forming in October because it could make the second half of the season active. Currently, conditions across most of the Atlantic are not conducive for hurricane formation. But this could change in the coming weeks.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/weather/ ... index.html

More water restrictions are probably headed our way as the drought continues.

Oh, thrill, a more active remainder of the hurricane season.

Thankfully, we have a cool front and temperatures expected to stay in the 70’s F (20’s C) for the next week.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:38 am Oh, thrill, a more active remainder of the hurricane season.

Thankfully, we have a cool front and temperatures expected to stay in the 70’s F (20’s C) for the next week.

Same here, temps 60-70s F during the day dropping to 40s F at night. Clouds, but no precipitation in the forecast.

Great here 70 degrees light north wind and beautiful clear blue skies.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:53 pm Great here 70 degrees light north wind and beautiful clear blue skies.
Beautiful day in Houston as well. Sadly been stuck indoors with chores. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll get out for a ride.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Rain clouds most of last week that blew through, had one downpour that didn't last long. Windy today, the turbines on my roof are spinning, the coast has fog and overcast so we get the wind.

Great weather. hi 40's low 50's. Cool enough Jake (the Boxer) pottied, ate, then proceeded back to bed to snuggle on down comforter (first use this year) and refuses to get out of bed. Day should stay in hi 70's and sunny. Perfect open door weather in Texas. Nest has been on ECO setting past 2-3 days.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.