Re: How’s the weather

sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm
highdesert wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:40 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 pm Pleasant 25C / 77F at the moment, due to be windy shortly.
46F here and dropping to expected low 30s tonight. Suppose to warm up at the end of the week.
Are those usual temperatures for this time of year?

50s-60s F is what it's been running during the day, I'm at about 4000 ft elevation. Went 60 miles to the West last week and temperature hit 81F at roughly 2000 ft elevation about 100 miles from LA. La Nina year so strange weather.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

32F right now with a high of 46F today. A big cold storm is passing over, someone east is going to get a big one. In spite of the storm passing over yesterday and the wind, SC Edison was out replacing power poles and lines. Electricity was off for most of yesterday in my area.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Trying to decide if Spring has finally come to north-central NJ. Was 71 yesterday, 61 the day before...yet a few days earlier it was in the '30s. Seems like just a week ago I was running the new snowblower!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

The big storm I mentioned that hit So Cal, though it passed over my area was apparently carried on the jet stream to CO and the Midwest. It's finally blowing out today, up to 60 mph winds sending it east. Still forecasted for rain today, but forecasts have sucked for at least 2 weeks.

Actually decent weather here in central NoDak, was in the mid-50s today and supposed to range around high 40s to low 50s rest of the week. Even had a day last week in the 60s. Been a mild winter all things considered, probably because a buddy of mine just bought two new snowmobiles. I think next year if I buy a snowblower the winter will be mild again.

We're into our second heat wave this month, temperatures over 100 all week. Thankfully no major fires in the state and no electric shutoffs by the utilities in my area, though I did get a mailer from So Cal Edison warning of possible shut offs to prevent fires.

sig230 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:28 am First depression of the season forming in the Bay of Campeche.

Hurricane season is here.
NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting another above-normal Atlantic hurricane season. Forecasters predict a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season. However, experts do not anticipate the historic level of storm activity seen in 2020.
https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/noaa- ... ane-season

It's unusual down here, normally mild temperatures in June. 100-110 are becoming normal down here from June 1 to September 30 and often beyond. Stay cool and hydrated with your beverage of choice.

In Kentucky we've gotten around an inch of rain everyday for the last 7 or so days. I gave up on mowing, a farmer is coming to bale my backyard soon!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

It’s going to be mid 90’s and our 20 year old AC is struggling. Getting some top off added tomorrow. Considering updating the systems, but this is not the best time.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 pm It’s going to be mid 90’s and our 20 year old AC is struggling. Getting some top off added tomorrow. Considering updating the systems, but this is not the best time.

My hvac unit is old too, a little over 20 years but I've had work done to it and it's been purring along. I've been looking at evaporative coolers, they work here because of the low humidity it's 7% right now and would be cheaper than running the a/c.

Hiker wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:43 am In Kentucky we've gotten around an inch of rain everyday for the last 7 or so days. I gave up on mowing, a farmer is coming to bale my backyard soon!
LOL!

I wish y'all could bale some of that water and ship it out our way.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

sikacz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 pm It’s going to be mid 90’s and our 20 year old AC is struggling. Getting some top off added tomorrow. Considering updating the systems, but this is not the best time.
You folk that live way up north seem to get all the breaks.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:47 pm
You folk that live way up north seem to get all the breaks.
:roflmao: Seems like it. I actually don’t mind the temperature and even barely working or non working AC. If it was just me I’d open a window and say the hell with it, cooler temps are only five months away. My wife has MS though and is heat sensitive and then there’s our two geriatric cats on meds. Mid 90’s beats the 100 plus y’all get, so yes we get the breaks! LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

It is 95 degrees with a heat index of 107 degrees, humidity of 53%, a wind speed of 1 mph and clear skies. All this equals miserable. Thank Lennox and Carrier for AC.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,