Re: How’s the weather

sikacz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:02 am
CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am Put a fan in a doorway on the floor, so it pulls in the colder air. Open the top of the windows to let the hot air out.

CDFingers
Have shop fans and opened vented window on the upper floor. It’s already near same temp outside. We just went to a petsmart and bought one of our cats a cooling pad. LoL. Can’t really keep doors open, but I have cracked some windows. We have a portable AC unit on the first floor and shop fans to push the air up. AC guy is putting a proposal for two AC systems, one for our first floor and a larger unit for the 2 nd and third. I calculated the first could do with a one ton, the old is a 1.5, but I’ll see what the proposal says. The larger system will be a 3 ton. All I can do. Need to open up some wall and ceiling for new lines.
I heard there is a shortage of AC units and parts so I wouldn't dilly dally too much.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:27 pm
sikacz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:02 am
CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am Put a fan in a doorway on the floor, so it pulls in the colder air. Open the top of the windows to let the hot air out.

CDFingers
Have shop fans and opened vented window on the upper floor. It’s already near same temp outside. We just went to a petsmart and bought one of our cats a cooling pad. LoL. Can’t really keep doors open, but I have cracked some windows. We have a portable AC unit on the first floor and shop fans to push the air up. AC guy is putting a proposal for two AC systems, one for our first floor and a larger unit for the 2 nd and third. I calculated the first could do with a one ton, the old is a 1.5, but I’ll see what the proposal says. The larger system will be a 3 ton. All I can do. Need to open up some wall and ceiling for new lines.
I heard there is a shortage of AC units and parts so I wouldn't dilly dally too much.
I heard the same. I've given the go ahead, but finding the complete units has already proven there will be some problems. On one they have the fan coil and on the other the outdoor unit. I other words neither can be fully installed. LoL. I'll know more Monday.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm I prefer cold to heat. It's easier to get warmer in the cold than it is to get cooler in the heat for me.

CDFingers
Cold is simpler. I tolerate both fairly well now. I've lost 25 lbs and heat doesn't bother me as much as before. It's our geriatric cats and my MS wife that I worry about. I carried one cat downstairs to our only AC space. Wife and cat are enjoying the cool. The other cat has not taken to the cool pad yet, so may have to carry him there as well.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

cooper wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:17 am Hope the end of this heat wave is in sight for all of you. I mean, it's been mid-90s in my neck of the woods, which is too damn hot for me, but nothing like what you are seeing.

Thanks cooper. This is the second heat wave this month and more heat waves to come over the next two months.
https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/ ... php?lead=1

The drought just intensifies it.
https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

They will be growing tomatoes in Montana outdoors year round in about 20 years. :sarcasm:

Were headed for 112F heat index this PM - expected actual 105F.

Since Texas three stooges gov. heads are all disciples of Satan they're feeling at home! :rant:
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:38 am They will be growing tomatoes in Montana outdoors year round in about 20 years. :sarcasm:

Were headed for 112F heat index this PM - expected actual 105F.

Since Texas three stooges gov. heads are all disciples of Satan they're feeling at home! :rant:

105F is bad enough where I live, it would be really tough with 90% humidity. Sometimes a mild ice age doesn't sound bad.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wino wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:38 am Were headed for 112F heat index this PM - expected actual 105F.
We don't have humidity in the summer, so up here we measure the heat index using the six-element beer index: how many six packs get sold up here. Weekend's not over, but we're approaching a record.
SubRosa wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:31 pm It's friggin' hot here, 119F today.
But it's a hot heat, so there's that.

Our hot hours are about 2-6 or 3-5 thereabouts, so that's when we each get a pint of ice cream and crank up a movie or something, reclining in the good A/C room.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

With the humidity it feels like 100 Hot and Muggy with no breeze. Starts out in the morning muggy and last all day until after dark when it drops below ninety. This is typical Texas weather right now. we will be hitting 100 plus agrees in the next two months with humid conditions but no rain. That is typical weather for North Texas. You go outside for five minutes and your clothes are soaking wet from sweat, because the sweat won't evaporate.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:09 pm With the humidity it feels like 100 Hot and Muggy with no breeze. Starts out in the morning muggy and last all day until after dark when it drops below ninety. This is typical Texas weather right now. we will be hitting 100 plus agrees in the next two months with humid conditions but no rain. That is typical weather for North Texas. You go outside for five minutes and your clothes are soaking wet from sweat, because the sweat won't evaporate.

I don't envy you folks, all that humidity from the Gulf. It's normally around 10% humidity here plus or minus, but in August it's higher with storm clouds from the southeast and southwest and people with swamp coolers (evaporative coolers) generally turn them off and on goes the AC. Even though it's humid here it's nothing like what you folks live through, it would suck the energy out of me.

I lived for awhile in our low desert so I know SR's weather, daily temps over 100 and 117, 118, 119 aren't unusual and even 120 plus is just hot - like standing in front of a convection oven.

The heat wave ended in my area last night and temps dropped into the 70s overnight. Monday through Thursday this week are lower temps, then back into triple digits on Friday and it lasts all of July into August.

Gonna change my thermostat to read C rather than F - maybe it'll make me feel cooler ! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:12 pm Gonna change my thermostat to read C rather than F - maybe it'll make me feel cooler ! LOL
:clap2: :beer2: It doesn’t feel as bad as something in the 90’s or 100’s. LoL

CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm I prefer cold to heat. It's easier to get warmer in the cold than it is to get cooler in the heat for me.

CDFingers

I too prefer cooler weather, you can layer to feel comfortable. With high temps there is only so much you can remove when you're in public and then it becomes illegal and immoral and disgusting....

It is now 69 degrees outside Cloudy with light rain. As we say in Texas," If you don't like the weather here, just wait a few minutes."
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,