When the Money Runs Out.

So this whole COVID thing went viral (pun intended) Marchish which means the millions of unemployed will start running out of State unemployment benefits End of August or so. PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) ends this month at the end of July.

What do you think Il Douche has planned? What about Congress and our Senate? Do you guys think they'll just let millions of US perish financially? What do you think the consequences of millions losing their health care insurance (mine's $1200 per month on COBRA) and being unable to make the house payment/rent payment or even buy food will be?

I'm kinda not as bad off as many as my Wife is back at work with a new hip and I'm eligible for Medicare next March and technically could start drawing SS any time now although I intended to work til 70 to maximize income potential. I see a ticking time bomb here *right* before the November elections because when we millions have absolutely no money to put into the economy I think shit is going to get very real, very fast. I have been told repeatedly to "get a job!" but you know other than fast food gigs that don't pay a living wage there aren't any where I live.

What say ya'll?

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: When the Money Runs Out.

I really don't know what to expect going forward. The US has truly become a circus and the monkeys are so busy flinging shit they've plain missed the fact the tent is on fire. I'm doing my best to make peace with the fact that we, the people, are on our own and what comes, comes. Too many monkeys, too much shit.

I hear you about the unemployment running out and that causing tremendous hardship.

The orange spirochete is going to cut and run, let Pence pardon him and his fellow grifters, then flee down to FL where he thinks his lawyers can defend him from SDNY. I mean, he's made lots of money and paid back a lot of mob favors.

A solid plan.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I think there will be hell to pay at the next election when the Trumpers on the extreme right wake up and find out they have no job, no healthcare, and no housing since the single wide, pickup/ car was repoed, and their Reptilian President and Congress Critters along with their Red state officeholders don’t give a shit because they have the Wall Street bankers money supporting them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:43 pm People being foreclosed on? Trump will JUMP on the chance to foreclose! He LOVES to foreclose and toss people in the street. Always has.
Hell, Jared Will get a huge one over kicking people out of his slums. Well at least for him it will be huge. He has tiny hands like Trump.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:01 pm I think there will be hell to pay at the next election when the Trumpers on the extreme right wake up and find out they have no job, no healthcare, and no housing since the single wide, pickup/ car was repoed, and their Reptilian President and Congress Critters along with their Red state officeholders don’t give a shit because they have the Wall Street bankers money supporting them.
Benito in the square, his boots up.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

wings wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:11 pm Can't vote by mail if you don't have a mailing address. Can't vote in person without proof you reside in the precinct.

You do see where this is going, don't you?
Can’t vote by mail if you don’t qualify to vote by mail either. There’s many reasons this election may have a low voter turnout.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Yeah, Texas and other red states have been raising that bar ever higher. The whole South has been shutting down precincts and DMVs to make it harder to register too. The suppression this go round is going to be extreme. They're up against a wall, and they're willing to do anything.

wings wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 pm Yeah, Texas and other red states have been raising that bar ever higher. The whole South has been shutting down precincts and DMVs to make it harder to register too. The suppression this go round is going to be extreme. They're up against a wall, and they're willing to do anything.
The propaganda and political right wing machine in Texas will make sure we won’t be voting by mail except a small number of individuals. So when November comes around, a chunk will be disqualified, a chunk will be discouraged from trying, some will be turned away or handed a provisional ballot which most likely won’t get counted and others just won’t even bother showing up for a variety of pretty simple concerns including health. It’s going to be interesting..

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

If only....

So my Wife gets her first chance to get her hair cut since March when everything got shut down....we been thru hell since January. Her hip surgery was cancelled and she was in excruciating pain, I lost my job, both out moms are quarantined by their living facilities, I have been assaulted by neighbors and now today, she goes to get her hair cut and all the rules about distancing and masks (a legal requisite for being allowed to reopen) were being ignored. Her stylist took off her mask...other clients came in not wearing them.

So now with the 4th coming up we'll be hiding in the house again. What a mess with no end in sight and money running thin.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

we've only seen the beginning. they let the cat out of the bag by easing up restrictions in may, and now it's too late to stuff it back in. something that i think everyone has been carefully tippy-toeing around is that this virus isn't going away and we'll be dealing with this exact same scenario in six months, probably this time next year. i think we're looking at 5 million US dead, maybe more. the economy? :roflmao:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

sikacz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:15 pm
wings wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:11 pm Can't vote by mail if you don't have a mailing address. Can't vote in person without proof you reside in the precinct.

Can’t vote by mail if you don’t qualify to vote by mail either. There’s many reasons this election may have a low voter turnout.
Can't get your vote in by mail in a timely manner because the USPS was privatized and is now a mess come November.
With the way Trump and Co. art mishandling (or ignoring) everything, hopefully they'll be too bust these next few months
not to be able to push this through...I have hope.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Unless a reliable vaccine is found soon, we will be fooling with this stuff for a long time. People will stop becoming nurses and doctors. Why should they, the risk is too high. If I am lucky, all that will happen is that I will take in friends that wind up out of work permanently. They won't have any money, but at least they can help around the house. If i am not lucky, I will lose my SSI and retirement. Then I will live in a small camper I have in some benevolent persons back yard. At the worst I will die, either from covid or some other treatable disease, but the hospitals are over run, and they can't treat me.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

MaxwellG wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Can't get your vote in by mail in a timely manner because the USPS was privatized and is now a mess come November.
With the way Trump and Co. art mishandling (or ignoring) everything, hopefully they'll be too bust these next few months
not to be able to push this through...I have hope.
Just another business to later nationalize along with the medical sector, energy sector and a few others....

lurker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm we've only seen the beginning. they let the cat out of the bag by easing up restrictions in may, and now it's too late to stuff it back in. something that i think everyone has been carefully tippy-toeing around is that this virus isn't going away and we'll be dealing with this exact same scenario in six months, probably this time next year. i think we're looking at 5 million US dead, maybe more. the economy? :roflmao:
Yup. Winter is coming.

Hiker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm ....... At the worst I will die, either from covid or some other treatable disease, but the hospitals are over run, and they can't treat me.
Or you don't have the money to pay for the treatment. :thumbdown:

My fear...no, my Peace now, is that since I cannot comply with coming gun legislation and confiscation and the end of 2A is that I'll either be killed in a no knock early am raid when the door breaks in and I meet the intruders (coming for the guns) with live fire or they succeed and haul me off to prison.

It used to keep me up at night but now it seems to make me feel at Peace to understand I have no say it what comes now/anymore. Just keep banging it every day, ride my bike, be kind and nurturing and courteous and train like it's important. I been working my nuts off for 47 years and I'm tired of doing what I'm told now.

I'm gonna be happy and Peaceful even if it kills me. :roflmao:

VooDoo

Hiker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm Unless a reliable vaccine is found soon, we will be fooling with this stuff for a long time. People will stop becoming nurses and doctors. Why should they, the risk is too high. If I am lucky, all that will happen is that I will take in friends that wind up out of work permanently. They won't have any money, but at least they can help around the house. If i am not lucky, I will lose my SSI and retirement. Then I will live in a small camper I have in some benevolent persons back yard. At the worst I will die, either from covid or some other treatable disease, but the hospitals are over run, and they can't treat me.
The vaccines now are as reliable as the normal Flu Vaccine. I have had the Pfizer Vaccine both shots.
In a multistate network of U.S. hospitals during January–March 2021, receipt of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines was 94% effective against COVID-19 hospitalization among fully vaccinated adults and 64% effective among partially vaccinated adults aged ≥65 years.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... es,4%2C5).

We will be fooling with this because too many Trumpers and QAnon believers listen to the likes MGT and other fools that don't have a clue when it comes to science and medicine.