Re: Gun range closings

Had the range and gun club I shot at years ago closed because of housing development. Developers just buy up land without caring what is already around there and start selling houses. People don't do their homework as to what was and is at and around the prospective house and what is planned in the future.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

My indoor gun range was harassed and harassed by nearby housing developments because "NOIZE". It isn't liberals or Dems, it is NIMBY older Republicans who want it relocated.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

mrcee12 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 am We lost two gun ranges in the Philly area in just a few months. Is this kind of thing going on elsewhere?
My state: New Hampshire Democrats float bill to repeal firearm range protections

A young NIMBY couple moved in next to a range whose property I frequent with permission for reasons unrelated to firearms and began litigation. They don't seem to have a nickel between them but have had no problem financing their legal adventures. The couple somehow has won the ability to traverse the property for hiking(?), and they have no reservations about getting in the faces of whoever happens to be there--even if doing things like moving electronic equipment into a building.

K9s wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:38 pm My indoor gun range was harassed and harassed by nearby housing developments because "NOIZE". It isn't liberals or Dems, it is NIMBY older Republicans who want it relocated.
The indoor range close to me is getting constant complaints about the noise fro people that aren't that close to hear it. What they hear, is the outdoor range a few miles from them when the wind is from the direction of the range, The complainers also want to keep their little town rural and countryfied with their multi-million dollar homes. They are the ultimate NIMBY town they want conveinence just not close by.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,